Looking to add people on 1200 calories a day

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    @jof- this is an amazing post. Very respectful, intelligent, and informative.

You have officially been moved from my 'kind of a jerk' list to the 'this guy knows what he is talking about' list. :flowerforyou:

Hey hey hey, now...let's not do anything too hasty here.

I'm sure you can find plenty of MFPers who would argue that I should stay on your first list too.

:flowerforyou:
  • Lilly1130
    Options
    So now I'm confused! MFP says that I should do 1200 kcal/day, but it seems it gives a lot of people this same guideline??? So I went to that if website and put in my stats and according to that website I should be doing 1308 kcal/day and 2027 on days I work out and LUCKY me I will reach my goal weight in the year 2021!! That's ludicrous! So I'm not sure where I should be calorie wise?
  • ImAwesome9216
    Options
    @jof- this is an amazing post. Very respectful, intelligent, and informative.

You have officially been moved from my 'kind of a jerk' list to the 'this guy knows what he is talking about' list. :flowerforyou:

Hey hey hey, now...let's not do anything too hasty here.

I'm sure you can find plenty of MFPers who would argue that I should stay on your first list too.

:flowerforyou:

I don't think you are a jerk either. Seems your reputation has been ruined :)
  • ImAwesome9216
    Options
    So now I'm confused! MFP says that I should do 1200 kcal/day, but it seems it gives a lot of people this same guideline??? So I went to that if website and put in my stats and according to that website I should be doing 1308 kcal/day and 2027 on days I work out and LUCKY me I will reach my goal weight in the year 2021!! That's ludicrous! So I'm not sure where I should be calorie wise?

1200 is the lowest MFP will go. How many pounds are you seeking to lose per week? Do you know your BMR? Do you understand the TDEE stuff? Read Jof's post above because it really does explain a lot and the links he posted should help with most of the rest. Anything else, please feel free to ask. Tons of knowledgeable folks here. Oh, and welcome!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    (To be clear, all of the links I posted in my post up there^ were pulled from posts by other people in part one of this thread. Similarly, my thoughts above are copypasta from part one as well. Honestly, I'd suggest that anyone interested in this topic read through part one. It has a lot of good stuff and some good discussions from many sides of this topic...and it also has an entertaining driveby from someone trying to start drama where it didn't exist.)