P90X....Advice

msciccone1
msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Morning!!!

Ok while I will always be an Insaniac I really cringe when I have to go to my basement to do the workouts because of the 2.5 rounds I have done back to back :tongue: . Soooooo I am seriously considering getting P90X and trying that through the end of the year. Thoughts? Suggestions? Advice in general. Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    well i love it :love: it got me away from the gym :happy: i am on the 6th week 5 day
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    First of all congrats on doing 2.5 rounds of Insanity! WOW!! :noway:

I have done 2 rounds of p90x, and 2 weeks of insanity. LOL! I prefer p90x over insanity. It was just to insane for me! But I am afraid if you go from insanity to p90x you will be bored! Insanity is far more high intensity than p90x. Insanity is hard core cardio, where p90x is lighter cardio more strength training and toning. although you may welcome the break, good luck! Hope you love it!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    I am preparing to try P90X for the third time. The biggest challenge for me, and why I haven't finished through the whole 90 days, is motivation. If you can find someone with similar fitness goals to do it with you who can push you and keep you accountable, then it is a GREAT workout and a great program. And if you are looking to get toned, definitely do Classic. But if you first want to loose some pounds and trim up, I would suggest doing the Lean program. A lot more cardio and you don't have to consume as many calories to keep your energy up as with Classic.

Best of luck!
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    If you get P90X, you may want to use Insanity workouts for your "cardio" days while on the X. Plyo X isn't nearly as difficult as Insanity's Plyo. Kenpo X isn't anything compared to any Insanity workout either. I think you'll love the strength training days though. I say go for it.
  • msciccone1

Hello and huge congrats to you on getting thru 2.5 rounds of Insanity, that is a HUGE accomplishment in itself.
    Just FYI for you, there is a new version of Insanity comeing out sooned than later. It has been filmed already, and they are doing what it takes to get it out to us. No projected dates as of yet, but I would venture to guess around the beginning of the new year.

P90x is a differnet kind of workout, then Insanity, and I try not to even compare the two.
    What I can tell you is that P90x has 12 different dvds and you will be cycling thru them according to a set schedule (classic, lean, double). What you will get is some great resistance training as part of this program , and not all cardio.
    It will be a good change of pace for you, get you even more toned up than the Insanity, add flexibilty with the Yoga and the stretch video, and work your whole body using different muscle group than you do now. After all P90x is about muscle confusion,

So my suggestion to you would be to go for it !!!! Do a round of the X, and by then the new version of Insanity (Asylum) will be coming out and you will be ready to "DIG EVEN DEEPER"

Larry

www.larrycrimi.com
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1

Hello and huge congrats to you on getting thru 2.5 rounds of Insanity, that is a HUGE accomplishment in itself.
    Just FYI for you, there is a new version of Insanity comeing out sooned than later. It has been filmed already, and they are doing what it takes to get it out to us. No projected dates as of yet, but I would venture to guess around the beginning of the new year.

P90x is a differnet kind of workout, then Insanity, and I try not to even compare the two.
    What I can tell you is that P90x has 12 different dvds and you will be cycling thru them according to a set schedule (classic, lean, double). What you will get is some great resistance training as part of this program , and not all cardio.
    It will be a good change of pace for you, get you even more toned up than the Insanity, add flexibilty with the Yoga and the stretch video, and work your whole body using different muscle group than you do now. After all P90x is about muscle confusion,

So my suggestion to you would be to go for it !!!! Do a round of the X, and by then the new version of Insanity (Asylum) will be coming out and you will be ready to "DIG EVEN DEEPER"

Larry

www.larrycrimi.com

Thanks so much for the advice! Yeah I am totally pumped for Asylum but its not coming out till Fall or even early winter 2011. I simply cannot wait :bigsmile:

I think I will try out the X and see how the change of pace works with me cause I am also doing 60 minutes of Zumba along with it 4 times a week so I will it will work out.

Thanks again!

Paola
  • msciccone1
    Thanks everyone! I will definitely go for it then and maybe do the cardio days and add Zumba to it :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.