New to MFP Losing weight for IVF

Options
Hi all just starting out on a journey to lose weight to be eligible for IVF if there's anyone who is doing the same or done the same feel free to add me, also would love to find a ttc/ivf support group?

Replies

• dolphingazer
    Options
    Hello, I'm trying to lose weight for IVF too, my husband and I have been trying for 5 years with no luck, I have PCOS and I don't ovulate so I have been told the only way I can conceive is with IVF. I've tried metformin and clomid. I have managed to get my weight and BMI down from 110.5Kg and 37 BMI to 90Kg and a BMI of 30.2 so I still need to lose more. What's your goals so far and how are you achieving them?
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to support you both. My TTC days are long gone, but I did do IVF. I'd be happy to support! Its a stressful rollercoaster for sure.
  • KailynKitten
    KailynKitten Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    congrats on your loss so far dolphin!!
    Atm im hoping to lose around 55kgs by the end of the year to be within the BMI range for IVF which is a huge goal i know but im hoping it is possible!! so far im on to my 5th day of serious healthy eating and feeling pretty good so far! if anyone else is losing weight to TTC or IVF feel free to add me!!!
  • dolphingazer
    Options
    Thanks Maybebaby2015. I'm sure you'll get that weight off in no time, it's hard work but it will definitely be worth it in the end.
    Anyway I had my review appointment with the doctor today and my BMI is at 29.9! The doctor told me I need to keep my BMI under 30 for the next 6 months, have a few more tests and hopefully when the 6 months are up we will be starting IVF. I'm beyond excited as well as a little nervous but all I can think about is how much closer we are to having a happy healthy baby.
    That's all you'll need to think about Maybebaby2015, that every ounce, gram, pound or kilo you lose will bring you closer to your goal of having your much wanted family. I wish you all the best. X
  • HildeDanmark
    HildeDanmark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I gained I think 28 pounds while TTC. We are probably looking at IVF soon for MFI, but I somehow managed to get my BMI above 30 in that weight gain, so I'm trying to just get down to a healthy weight again (28 pounds and then a few more).