Budget friendly meals for family of 4?

Options
BrandiL83
BrandiL83 Posts: 100 Member
Any healthy recipes any of you can suggest for a family of 4.5 (got a 6 month old who is now just starting solids lol) that I can make on a super tight budget?

Replies

• DannyNew2011
    Options
    Hi Brandi,
    Beans and rice goes with with most kids. Try variety of beans/lentils/peas. I have a one year old who started solids few months ago and he goes well with beans . Also buy mostly fruits and vegetable on season.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    meatloaf mashed potatoes and steamed veggies
    spaghetti, meat sauce and side salad
    chili over brown rice with a salad
    roast chicken, sweet potatoes and veggies
    lasagana (can mix in eggplant slices for some of the noodles to get extra fiber in)
  • ebonyvi
    ebonyvi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You ever tried youtube lots of good stuff on there I'm on there alot for lots of different reasons
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    We make this one a lot, it is very, very easy and quick

Easy Italian Chicken: 1lb chicken breasts, Italian dressing, shredded mozzarella cheese. Preheat over to 350, place chicken in baking dish lined with foil. Pour dressing over chicken...as much as you want. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and place back in oven until cheese melts. Serve with green beans (my kids love Italian green beans) or steamed broccoli and some sort of pasta side like rice, noodles, potoatoes.

My kids also LOVE pork chops. We grill 'em, bake 'em, whatever. Sometimes with just seasonsing, or a marinade, or bbq.

There are a lot of good ideas on crockpottuesdays.wordpress.com and on mommysfabulousfinds.com/tag/recipes.

And Pinterest.....I have found so many yummy recipes on there and save them to my board.
  • justinproulx1
    Options
    chicken breast brown rice and broccoli dont get much cheaper than that