Strength training recommendations for tall male.

Options
Hey, folks. Alongside cutting down on my calorie intake and increasing my cardio, i'm keen to start some weight lifting/strength training to increase muscle mass and pump up my metabolism. I'm 6'3 and was wondering if there are specific exercises I should be focussing on which are best suited for tall folk. Maybe i'm just being a noob and height isn't relevant, just wanted to check.

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Young, old, male, female, short, tall. All the same lifts.

Pick a novice program based on the big compound lifts (bench press, deadlifts, squats, over head press, rows)

Starting strength, Stronglifts 5x5,

Jason Blaha's 5x5 is a good one.
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Hey, folks. Alongside cutting down on my calorie intake and increasing my cardio, i'm keen to start some weight lifting/strength training to increase muscle mass and pump up my metabolism. I'm 6'3 and was wondering if there are specific exercises I should be focussing on which are best suited for tall folk. Maybe i'm just being a noob and height isn't relevant, just wanted to check.

No there isn't.

I'm 6' 2" and lift heavy.
  • Gonzafitness
    Options
    Compound movements. Squat, dead lifts, bench, bent over rows, military press.
    Those will get you started. Don't lift heavey at first. Work on your form then go up.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Do the big lifts like everyone says. Depending on your hip mobility and limb length you may have a more difficult time deadlifting than anything, but you should still be able to do it.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Yep, as others said, same as everyone else. The big compound lifts. But don't worry about how your weight compares to other people-- the weight just has more leverage on your muscles than it has on theirs, and you have to move it further.