why cant i drop the pds?

denisec26
denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
im trying to loose 17 pds to get to my pre pregnancy weight. 22 pds till my goal weight. i eat healthy, count calories..i wont go past 1200 a day..usually around 1100. ive been doing jillian michaels burn fat boost metabolism for a while now. i do the warm up and about 5 out of the 7 circuts. In 3-4 months ive lost maybe 3 pds. I just started her 30 day shred in hopes that will help. but it seems like im doing everything right and the weight wont come off.

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    If you're only eating 1100 cals and working out that hard it sounds like you might need to eat more.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Yup - possibly eat more and possibly WHAT you're eating is the culprit...
  • MMarcordes
    MMarcordes Posts: 58 Member
    Maybe you aren't eating enough? If you are only eating 1100 calories everyday - but you are working out, then you should probably increase your calories to about 14-1500 calories. Sometimes if you starve your body, you body stores more fat in anticipation of its next meals. I know that sounds crazy and is contrary to the whole calories in, calories out... but I do think it makes a difference. Especially, if you just add in one extra snack a day.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    are you watching your sodium intake?
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    thanks. well on this site fitwatch, you put in your info and it tells you how many calories you need a day to stay the same weight but if you want to loose weight, for me, it says defict of 1000 calories..would be 1200 calories a day. All i eat is special k protein plus cereal with 1% milk, chicken breast-grilled, brown rice. vegitarian burger which is like 170 calories.sandwiches are turkey on a sandwich thin, or i eat a bagel thin..all about 100 calories each.salads, fruit, all i snack on is special k 90-100 calorie things. so in total i get anywhere between 1100-1200 a day.
    and im still confused on this eating/calorie thing. if i intake 1200 and only burn a little from working out plus whatever u burn normally a day..wouldnt that be a good thing? as opposed to eating more calories and not burning them off?
This discussion has been closed.