HELP!!!!!!!!

Options
I have about 75 lbs. to lose. I am still trying to lose all the weight I gained when I was pregnant with my daughter( who is now 6). I was 140 before pregnancy and have been maintaining around 220. I am tired of this. I am hoping that this site will provide support since I don't really have any at home. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    make a plan...set your calories ...make sure you have the right foods in the house to accomplish this.....make an exercise plan..most important log and stay accountable and honest and stay hydrated ....good luck
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • smwulf
    smwulf Posts: 5
    Options
    Do you have a friend you can do this with? (not spouse/partner). It helped me in the beginning for the first few weeks to have someone to complain with!! It's pretty rough the first few weeks because you never realized how many calories were in everything that you ate...so it takes a whole change of mind. I have this program on my phone and before I eat anything I search for it to check the calorie counts - then lots of times I don't eat it... This program gave me 1200 calories a day. I started with that because it took me a while to even drop down to that amount. Egg whites!! Canned tuna. I started doing Romaine lettuce salads with tomatoes, canned tuna and balsamic vinegar - only! And celery makes great dipping! Instead of chips, I use celery with salsa! Regular salsa is low cal. I try hummus sometimes, but it's higher calorie - so can only have a little bit. If you save calories and want a treat - I also discovered Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches - they're 140 calories and they're pretty good. Stock up on veggies - fruits are much higher in calories than I ever knew... I was making fruit and yogurt smoothies thinking they were good - but way too high in calories. And for bread, I use the Arnold sandwich thins - they're 100 calories for both sides, but I try to just use one side. Sometimes I'll use almond butter (a tsp) on it.

But stick with it! Even if you have a bad day (I've had several that have ended with a couple glasses of wine...) - start the next day anew! Good luck!

And I started out doing a Pilates type workout - then I realized that it didn't burn that many calories - so I've GRADUALLY added in jogging/fast walking on treadmill. I absolutely HATE it - but I can burn over 400 calories in 45 minutes on it...so I suck it up. I tell myself this is temporary until I can get down to goal weight. Keep your eye on the prize!! :)
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This site is a fabulous tool--and FREE! (Can't beat the price.) You can either just use it as a place to track your food, exercise, and progress, or you can use it to make friends who will support your efforts. Lots of blogs and conversations about weight loss. Of course, we're all amateurs, too. I don't think I've met any honest-to-goodness nutritionists or certified fitness trainers on the site yet, but there are a lot of us who are losing a lot of weight by using this! I've met people who have lost well over 100 pounds, so obviously it works!
  • mardanzac
    Options
    I've never posted a response on any site before, I don't even have a facebook. But your topic help caught my attention. I will say the weight doesn't come on immediately so loosing it often takes just as much time. Stay focused and be enouraged. Try to do some exercise if you haven't already as it will make you feel better about yourself and give you energy. It doesn't have to be anything crazy but start with walking. I was in a kick bocking class yesterday and when I first went to the class about 5 months ago I was ready to leave after about 8 minutes. One of my collegues was in that first class I attended and she was really working it out.. oh did I mention she was 7 months pregnant and I just looked pregnant uuggghhh. I had to stay and each week I get stronger and stronger. I still can't do more than three pull ups or push up (not on my knees) but I'm getting there and so will you. Think about it, this site is full of people just like us trying to get fit.

What you get by achieving your goal is not as important as what you become by achieving your goal.

You can do it!!!!!!!
  • jeldagel
    Options
    Hi thanks for adding me (i'm Billy no mates on here, lol) I've lost 2lb in my first week despite it being my 'ladies week' and feeling not so good, so i'm chuffed. Your weight losses are steady so far, the slower it comes off the longer it stays off apparently...what diets have u tried before? I'm trying diet chef, the first time i've calorie counted. Interesting! Makes more sense than other diets i've tried where u cant mix certain things together & cant have carbs etc. Keep it up and the baby weight will soon be gone. :)