Who else is doing Atkins?!!

Options
2»

Replies

• QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Would never do low carb, and have been advised that Atkins should only be a short term solution, or can be dangerous for your health (sorry, you would have to research this for more in depth explanation).

How can Atkins be any more dangerous than any other way of eating when after the 2 weeks of Induction you are to begin adding carbs back and when you reach the top of the carb ladder, no food is off limit? You are the one that needs to do research.

Low carb is now being used as a long term diet for epilepsy and that is accepted by most doctors.

• Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm not following Atkins or keto but this last week I have upped my protein from about 15-20% a day to about 30-35% and have lowered my carbs, I just focus on getting carbs from veggies. It's only been a week but already I've noticed that I am sleeping more, I feel fuller for longer and when I had my exercise session yesterday I was able to do much more than previously so I'm going to stick with it and see what it does to my weightloss.