Hi I'm new, on WW at the mo, but planning on changing

Options
Hi, I'm new and have just downloaded the app on my iphone and am very excited by this. I have just over a stone to lose, I've already lost 16.5 lbs with Weightwatchers, but the lasat few weeks it has been slow. Has anyone else compared this with WW? I also want to get toned and drop a dress size or two.

How has everyone else got on here? I look forward to chatting to you all.

:smile:

Replies

• ruggie
    ruggie Posts: 26
    Options
    Hello! I have been doing WW for 5 years now! I have lost 80 lbs and have been maintaing well. I recently joined MFP to "shake" things up for me. I really think they both work well. You have to find what works best for you and keeps you motivated. Neither is "easy", but both will get you to your goals if you stick with it! Slow and steady wins the race! Good Luck! You CAN do this!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people out here who are kind of doing both. Not sure how they do that, but they seem to be here.

Both are really doing the same thing--limiting how much you eat and encouraging you to exercise. I find this easier than counting points, just because it's pretty doggone hard to find food that somebody hasn't listed here. You DO need to be careful in that most of the calorie and nutrition counts have been entered by we, the users. Some of us are apparently not as careful as others. So if the calories just LOOK wrong, I find I need to double check to see if someone else listed it properly. But obviously this has been very successful for me and for others, and the price is definitely right.

The biggest change we need to make is how we think about food.
  • randilea
    randilea Posts: 140
    Options
    I did WW before I came here. I just started here, and although I did lose some weight on WW I find this much easier to stay on track. Good luck to you!
  • bengal128
    Options
    Thanks for all your lovely friendly welcomes. I have been trying to do both while work out what is easiest. ITs fab, I think I'm getting rather addicted to it!!:blushing:

Look forward to seeing progress.

Take care and thanks again.:wink:
  • 1loochie
    Options
    Hi, I think WW is a great program but, I need the daily charting online. I am going to try and change things up. I would rather see a lifestyle change right now than the numbers on the scale. The will follow.