'Plateau' - definition?

Options
What would you consider a 'plateau' when it comes to losing weight? Is it being in the same range for say a month? or would you use some other time frame? and what would you consider the same range (e.g. consistently within 5lbs)?

When I initially started losing weight I lost weight quickly and was able to see an obvious difference each week on the scales. For the last couple of weeks I have been pretty steady and am not sure how long to wait until I decide I need to try something different, or if this is just a brief leveling off period before reduction resumes.

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    2-4 months of no progress in strength gains or performance or weight loss while eating correctly the whole time.. Most people don't think too much, but usually they lost weight and haven't readjusted their calories for their new weight, or have started doing cheat meals.. that they are underestimating.. or are overestimating your exercise calories..

If your at 1 month of no progress in any category.. really focus on your numbers.. get everything under control and see if anything starts happening at that point.