Metabolic damage, starvation mode, cals in and out.

Options
First of all I want this to be known. DO NOT post hate. I am asking for people to give me facts, links and an explanation weather it be completely different from what others write. Everyone has the right no their own believes, research and opinions so please no hate.

I am almost at goal after battling it out for a year and all over the internet I have read people talking about these things. I how ever have been following a diet plan given by my GP so I have never really understood these as he worked out how much i needed to eat...and feel now would be a good time to learn so I can go at the rest of my fitness life on my own. I would like to know about Metabolic damage, starvation mode, cals in and out. What do you know about it? Are there any good articles you could refer me to.

Say someone.. Let's give specific details. 5'4, age 30, female, has 100lbs to lose. They have decided for some reason to be eating 1200 calories for most of their journey. Why is this bad? How long would it take for their metabolism to catch up and weight to cease. Would weight loss cease?

I am really interested in what all the fuss is about, I lost weight fairly well eating between 2000-1600 so I guess I don't understand why some people eat really low when many people say it isn't good for you and won't work anyway.

(Sorry for any errors, I am a ditz.) Thank you! And I hope you all reach your journeys!:flowerforyou:

Replies