what do you eat when you feel peckish !

Options
SO - I have just re-re-started my weightloss journey and am happy with coming up with low calorie healthy main meals...but am struggling a bit with snacking !!!

What do you my Fitness pals eat when they are peckish ???

Some ideas that I have are:
- Nuts
- Fruit
- Yoghurt - zero percent fat

What else is out there that will take your 3pm craving away and stop you from thinking about food till Din Din :p

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is pistachios in shell, preferably coated in salt and pepper or cajun spices. They take a long time to eat, since you have to suck off the spices and then deshell each one (it takes me several hours to eat 80 calories worth) and the fat and fiber in the nuts helps keep you satiated.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I like Kind Bars. Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt is my favorite...chocolate-y, chewy, high in fiber, and high enough in calories and fat that I feel like I've eaten something.

Cottage cheese also works for me (full fat).

Popcorn (only if I am going to work out, since otherwise high carbs make me sleepy).

I also like protein shakes (whey or hemp protein with frozen fruit and maybe some hot chocolate mix).
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Replace the fat free yogurt with low-fat (or full fat!). You want all of your snacks to have carbs, fat, and protein to make them count.
  • OJLight
    OJLight Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your hints and tips pals...taking it all on board !

just eating snack-a-jacks bbq flavour 1 'cake' is 40 cals and very crunchy :-)
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I love raw veggies like baby carrots, sugar snap peas, orange bell peppers. I get Light Raspberry vinegrette dressing and pour some over them. Yummy! I also eat peanut butter and apples. Another is toasted Sara Lee 45 calorie Bread with Laughing Cow cream cheese wedge on it.

These are all low calorie and taste wonderful.