what's your new plan for yourself in 2014

Options
I must admit I've made plenty of new years resolutions, but they usually fade after February time. But this year I've got to be selfish and more focused on myself and get these 26 pounds off. I've got a new exercise plan for myself, and trying to stick to my calories.

I'm cutting down on booze, and only allowing myself 1 drink on Monday night, and one on Friday evening.

I must complete the 2 hour exercise program 5 times per week.

I would love to get to my target weight for the 28th April 2014. Lets see.

Replies

• River83
    River83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hope you meet your goal. I just want to be fit and healthy this year.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Good luck getting there. I have finally gotten in a pretty good groove in 2013 and plan on continuing thru 2014 and beyond. Being a bit selfish has given me more energy and stamina and helped me actually be there for my family more.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I must admit I've made plenty of new years resolutions, but they usually fade after February time. But this year I've got to be selfish and more focused on myself and get these 26 pounds off. I've got a new exercise plan for myself, and trying to stick to my calories.

I'm cutting down on booze, and only allowing myself 1 drink on Monday night, and one on Friday evening.

I must complete the 2 hour exercise program 5 times per week.

I would love to get to my target weight for the 28th April 2014. Lets see.

Honest question - is that plan for the booze sustainable for the long-term? If not, then I would suggest incorporating your current intake into your plan or cutting back just a little bit. Create habits that you can keep for the next 40-50 years, not ones that will fade and get you right back to where you are now.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    1. Keep losing weight.
    2. Earn enough views/likes to get paid.
    3. Keep creditors off my back.

Same as every year.
  • cabrerva
    cabrerva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We have about the same target date =) I'm 23, a newlywed, and I was so stressed out planning my wedding that I even put on a few pounds.

I want to get down to 140 by May, in time for my 24th Birthday. I am so tired of not fitting into clothes, and I really want to be able to go to a store and shop without feeling guilty. I want to feel energetic, and I have always looked at people who were athletic and wished I was like them. Now it's my time!

I purchased a basic food scale (5 bucks at Target) about a month ago, and I have already dropped about 10lbs just from using it! - It really helps open your eyes regarding food portions! Today I'm hoping to upgrade to a digital scale which is about 30 bucks, but will be much easier to use.

Husband and I received a 1 month membership to a local gym, so our goal is to go at least 4-5 days a week to start. We plan to go for at least 45 min to an hour for the first few weeks.

Good luck in your journey :)
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    1. Eat more

2. Keep setting new PRs at crossfit

3. Rinse and repeat
  • mikeroybal
    mikeroybal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I want to get down to 160 then add about 10 pounds hopefully of moslty muscle. Right now I'm about 20 pounds away. I've started doing starting strength so I can lose weight and preserve as much muscle as I can. I think my macros are in line for this but I will research this weekend to check that.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I don't usually make resolutions, since I know I most likely won't stick with them lol. I am working with a trainer, and in a couple weeks (when she's back from holidays) we will be working on heavier lifting - more specifically lower body at first. I am very excited about this, and seeing what changes it makes for my body.

For the first time in my adult life, I'm entering a new year not worried about my weight. Yes, I have some fat I would like to lose, but my main focus is on improving my strength and fitness. I am learning and always improving on my diet, so I know that fat/weight loss will follow.