Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Dads

Any Dads who are trying to get healthy especially for their kids out there? I would love to connect and help each other out.

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    I'm a dad with a 14 year old daughter. I am at my maintenance weight but trying to recomp. Adding you anyway though.
  • Im a father as well. Same motivation. also, I am tired of being overweight. quite a change from my army recon days. I want to get back to near warrior shape.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I'm a dad and my two boys (3.75 y.o. and 18 m.o.) are one of the primary reasons I started all this good livin' about 18 months ago. I have a lot of bad heredity and had a lot of nasty pre-cursor stuff in my blood work 18 months ago...this was the same kind of stuff that my dad was seeing when he was about my age and he never did anything about until it was too late and the damage was done. I didn't want to go that route...my dad ended up with type II diabetes, metabolic syndrome, stage III kidneys disease, high cholesterol and heart disease and I just didn't want that for myself and my boys.

I'm glad I started down this path as the one I was on was just going to lead me to an early grave. I've gotten all of my blood work into the "normal" range...though I am at the high end of normal for my LDL...but that keeps trending down. I feel like I have a new lease on life. Unfortunately, my dad passed away just 2 weeks before Christmas at the ripe old age of 61...again...glad I started down this new path when I did.

Req sent....
  • Father here as well. I have two daughters, 6 years old and 7 months old. I've allowed my weight to get out of control and I have no energy left by the end of the day. Kids are exhausting as is, but the weight and lack of exercise sure doesn't help.

Looking to lose around 60 lbs. My wife is helping me with my diet, now I've just got to kick myself in the rear and start exercising. I was mountain bike riding quite a bit when it was warmer, but now that's it cold, I've just used that as an excuse. The plan is to start hitting the elliptical after work and on the weekends.

Feel free to send me a friend request. The more people I have to hold me accountable, the better!

Good luck dads!
  • TX_Mike
    TX_Mike Posts: 27
    Dad of two active boys (10 and 13). I gotta stay in shape to keep up with them. Feel free to add me. The more motivation and support we have the easier it is to stay on the wagon.
  • alko13
    alko13 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm doing the same thing. I need to get in shape for my kids. I have a 3 year old son and a 6mth old daughter. My blood preasure is a little high and all my joints hurt. Today is the first day of my new life one step at a time.
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    My kids were my greatest inspiration for getting in shape, I have 4 boys 9,8,7 & 5 they are a handful. My low point came when my youngest learned to ride a bike with the help of my wife and I realized that I had lost the opportunity to do "Dad stuff" because I was too fat to help them. I decided I wasn't gonna sit on the sidelines while they grow up.

They are very active and I'm gonna be right there with them. I had a good year I hope they can keep up with me now :-)

Feel free to add me, I'm very low maintenance low drama and kinda just laid back.

Have a great 2014
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    I have a 3 1/2 and a 1 1/2 year old. My three year old already runs kids races with me. Anyone feel free to add me.