George foreman grill...did not come out as good as i expecte

Options
xarchie1980x
xarchie1980x Posts: 36 Member
hey everyone....
i tried george foreman twice..but both times.... it was not so good experience :(

i first decided to grill some chicken breats...but despite using generous cooking spray..they were charred on top side..

then i tried to grill some veggies..and they became all watery, soggy and gooey....

i know i am worse when it comes to cooking :p lol

but what can i do differently? or to say..what am i doing wrong? :p

Also...do u use oil or cooking spray in the grill?

thanks! :)

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have never had good experiences with George Foreman, the chicken would be dried out on the outside.. I would just get a real grill and call it a day :)
  • nfanning65
    Options
    I don't oil the grill, I brush olive oil on what I am grilling, veggies, chicken, pork, steaks, what ever. So far I am loving my George Foreman grill. Maybe you set the heat too high or left it on too long. Play around with it and you will get it. Good luck.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I love my George Foreman grill... I just use a little olive oil over the food and grill away! You might want to keep a eye on the food and just check it every few minutes until it looks how you like it. I cook almost all my meat on the grill, The only veggie that i found that comes out great on the grill is eggplant besides that i haven't really liked how the other's have turned out. Do you have a George Foreman cookbook??? If not he has a few that have amazing idea's in them
  • jleshko
    jleshko Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use mine a lot... sounds like you have it set too hot for the chicken... Also ar eyou using the grill tilted with the drip pan? That should allow for the veggies sweat to drip away and not let them get gooey... The veggies need to be grilled on high with just a little cooking spray on the grill plates... don't give up it really is a great tool...
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I threw mine out ,I always found it left a horrible hard type crust on a chicken breast ,I love my halogen cooker usae that for most things now .