Tracking fruit/veggies when juiced

Options
I got a juicer for Christmas that I'm really enjoying. When tracking, do I track the whole amount of food I put in? For example, my breakfast glass had 3 carrots, 2 sticks of celery and 6 cherry tomatoes. There is a lot of pulp left in the machine, so I'm not sure how to track it.

Replies

• hcooney1122
    hcooney1122 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat - I am doing mostly veggies, and have made sure I am still getting a lot of fiber through foods I am eating, but I would still like to track the juices! Hope somebody answers!
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    In the database you can find the calories for the juiced items. Just type in "carrots- juiced" etc. It's a pain though, since you'd have to measure the juice of each item (in ml) separately. If you want a general calorie amount there are premade juice recipes in there also, think like "carrot, apple, orange" etc. you might find one that's close to what you're drinking.
  • deenahill
    deenahill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found this website to calculate juicing recipes, it's really easy. http://www.myphytos.com

I'm just wondering if there's a way to be able to add everything into myfitnesspal, other than just quick calories. I want to be able to add carbs, etc as well. Anyone know if that can be done?
  • hcooney1122
    hcooney1122 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the website - I'll definitely make use of that!

I believe you can enter in the information you want for your juices in the "meals" subsection under food.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to track when I'm juicing