30 Day Shred verus Insanity

jjhartley
jjhartley Posts: 8
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I just looking for someone that has done both 30 Day Shred and Insanity. I currently do a modified 30 day Shred. I actually ripped the DVD onto my computer and edited the videos so that I created a new workout that puts Level 3, 2, and 1 back to back. I left the warm up at the beginning and the cool-down at the end, but I do levels 3-2-1 back to back in one workout. I am getting a little bored with it and I am wondering if anyone has done insanity after doing 30 day shred and what they thought about it. I am also thinking about it since my schedule has dramatically changed lately such that I can't fit in the full 3-2-1 workout into my day. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

Replies

• Is that the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? If so I have heard alot of people including my sister who has complained that it was getting boring....I did the Biggest Loswer cardio and Sculpting dvd's and got bored as well. I am doing P90X now and I am never bored, never easy, and always challenging. P90X is changing my life, one play button at a time!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Insanity is way more intense and high impact then 30 Day Shred, IMO. Something more comparable to Shred but still a step up in intensity would be P90X. I did a mix of P90X and Insanity a couple months ago and loved it. Either way, you would be getting a more intense workout, which is a good thing for some people but not so good if you aren't ready for that intensity.
  • I was only thinking of Insanity over P90X because I would rather not have to do the all the weights and pull up bar. I like the intensity of my modified back to back 30 Day Shred 3-2-1, I was just getting bored of it.
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Insanity is way more intense and high impact then 30 Day Shred, IMO. Something more comparable to Shred but still a step up in intensity would be P90X. I did a mix of P90X and Insanity a couple months ago and loved it. Either way, you would be getting a more intense workout, which is a good thing for some people but not so good if you aren't ready for that intensity.
    @TrainingwithTony... I totally agree... I personally find the 30 Day Shred too easy (don't get me wrong, its a good workout, but it's much more "beginner" and very low intensity), but I usually only do it when I need a quick workout and I'm really pressed for time (such as today, we have it burned here at work and I do it on my lunch hour). Insanity is just that... INSANE... and my heartrate gets really cranking when I do these videos and I sweat like a piglet. And I still can't do a lot of the exercises from Insanity, I probably never will, but it's the best to challenge you.

I would definitely try Insanity though, most P90 videos are close to an hour, plus you have to do Ab Ripper (that I love!) but if you're pressed for time, Insanity should be great for you. :)
  • That's pretty much why I was thinking of doing it, I need something that is hard and fast. With the Shred, I am doing most all of the "harder" versions of the moves on all levels and then when I do the back to back workouts, I add in weights when she doesn't have any. Mainly looking for something to shake things up. I have also tried "interval x" from the P90x Plus series which I like. It sounds like the Insanity is very similar to that.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    I did the 30 day Shred, and moved on to Turbo Jam, and now I'm doing Turbo Fire... AND LOVE IT!!
  • I got lucky and it turns out my gym has a set of Insanity DVDs that they let you check out. I am now on day 1. I will see how it goes from here.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    I think Insanity would be great! There are some people who think P90X is harder than Insanity and vice versa. Hope you like it. It is intense!
This discussion has been closed.