WATER/Recycle/Help

Options
Water has always been the hardest for me to get in..I am currently trying to slow down my caffeine intake and up water. My question what source do you all get your water from. We do bottled water at my house (and being honest we half-heartly recycle)…but getting my water would mean around 4 bottle waters. For me that seems like a lot of bottles at the end of day…I get city water and off the tap does not taste good to drink. So any suggestions or tips would be great.

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Get a Brita reservoir for your refrigerator and some good reusable bottles- my preference is Nalgene and Contigo bottles.

I also got a Sodastream this year that I absolutely LOVE. I prefer carbonated water to plain and so I now have unlimited carbonated water in reusable bottles.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'd get a water filter. You can get ones that attach directly to the faucet or pitchers that you fill up. I keep a large PUR filter pitcher in the fridge because I prefer my water to be pretty cold. The filters do need to be replaced every few months but it is a lot less waste than all the bottles.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Brita and I think PUR also make reusable water bottles that have the filter built right in so you don't have to be limited to only filling up at home. Personally though I just go straight from the tap. Sometimes on vacation and stuff the taste takes some getting used to but it is all clean water.