Any other Truck drivers here??

Options
Hello I have been using my fitness pal since the first of Aug on my phone and I love it!! I am on over the road truck driver along with my husband so this app makes it so much easier to keep track than keeping a paper journal and looking everything up at the end of the day.
I have been overweight pretty much my whole life and have lost and gained hundreds of pounds over that time. The past couple years have been some of the best for me as far as a lot of soul searching and meeting the man of my dreams. I now have my head and heart in the right place but in the course of the past year I have gained 55 lbs which pushed me to my highest weight ever of 289. Being a truck driver of course I sit a lot, I was to the point I could hardly move, doing basic things wiping myself, taking a showe,r just getting dresses was a major chore. By the end of my driving shift which is 11 hours my feet and legs were so swollen they hurt to touch. Not to mention the sex life with my wonderful new husband was starting to slip.
Than on June 21 my husband I guess had enough and told me to either shut up or do something..well here I am, I just weighed in and Im at 269.6. I got a Body Bugg and using this app am able to really keep track of things. My husband is doing this right with me he wants to support me and lead a long healthy life.
The challenge to all this is doing it a team drivers our truck is moving pretty much 24 hours finding time and a safe place to get out and walk is not easy. But we do manage most days to find and do 30 mins. Food is another big thing, we have 2 40qt electric coolers and a microwave and the more we search, we are finding healthy foods to carry in the truck, and only treat our selves to eating out once a trip but we behave.
If there are any other travelers out there truckers or just on business let me know, maybe we could share some ideas.
Thanks for reading, Im looking forward to meeeting some new friends to share this journey with, Wendy

Replies

• gardenangelwhorns
    Options
    Hi there! Yes there are!!! I've been trying to find some exercises to do too. There are some in a few of the trucker news mags but no calorie counts burned with them to put on here. Glad to see it's not just me here!! Good luck and keep in to touch.