How many triathletes here?

Options
2»

Replies

• sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am a new triathlete. I finished my first sprint last year. This year the plan is to enter the same sprint and an olympic distance too.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    *Jumps up and down, waves arms in the air* Ooh ooh ooh Me me me me me MMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love triathlon. Just freaking love it. Did my first in 2007 and haven't looked back.

Best noob advice ever: Enjoy it. Enjoy your training, enjoy your race day. Enjoy improving. Enjoy figuring out the sport. The transitions, the switching from 1 discipline to the next. Enjoy figuring out how to turn your bike into a blazing hot road rocket. Just enjoy it all.

The more fun you have training, the more fun you'll have on race day. The more fun you have on race day, the more you'll enjoy triathlon as a whole. The more you enjoy triathlon as a whole, the more fun you'll have training. It's a hamster wheel of joy.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for my first Olympic distance this coming August (have a sprint in June), quite a fe of the members at my tri club are moving up to 70.3 and Ironman distances - I have no delusions of getting there myself.