Suggestions for a good protein powder

Options

Replies

• STC1188
    STC1188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to post that some Redditors tested some protein powders, and the Body Fortress stuff ranked really, really low for accuracy and true protein content (by their measurements).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ag9uT-E4EIL7dFZPZnR0WVZybGtFWnRKNzdKNm9XOVE&toomany=true#gid=0
  • Dubble_A
    Dubble_A Posts: 120
    Options

Yep. Delicious!
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey is my favourite! Mixes well and tastes good. I've bought the French Vanilla Creme which goes good in fruit smoothies and the Mocha Cappuccino which is really nice for a treat.
  • Cueball55
    Cueball55 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Pure Whey Isolate: Ultimate Nutrition IsoSensation 93

Blended Isolate: Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion Elite
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I have Muscletech Whey in the deluxe chocolate flavor, 20g protein, 9 carbs, 1 fat. It's not bad.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    It's a supplement, so other than the macros listed on the container, there are no real indications of quality. Results is more about hitting your macros and fueling at appropriate times than any particular brand.

This

Also, kinda surprised no one pointed it out, you're not going to gain muscle mass and lose fat at the same time. They're pretty much exclusive from each other.

I myself use Gold Standard, Muscle Milk, and Syntha-6.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    It's a supplement, so other than the macros listed on the container, there are no real indications of quality. Results is more about hitting your macros and fueling at appropriate times than any particular brand.

This

Also, kinda surprised no one pointed it out, you're not going to gain muscle mass and lose fat at the same time. They're pretty much exclusive from each other.

I myself use Gold Standard, Muscle Milk, and Syntha-6.

You can gain muscle and lose fat, as long as the focus is on maintaining/building muscle and letting that muscle slowly burn fat for fuel rather than running a huge calorie deficit to drop fat/muscle/weight quickly. It is a more gradual process than say, build and cut cycles.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    You can't burn fat in a surplus.
    You cant' build muscle in a deficit.

You can recomp, where you stutter between the states on an almost-daily basis, if that's what you mean, but man is that ever annoying.
  • Huffdogg
    Options
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/uva9t/big_reddit_protein_powder_measurement_results/

The aforementioned Redditor's test results. He, also, recommended Optimum Nutrition. I find this convenient because I like ON Gold Standard brand myself, also.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Syntha-6, vanilla ice cream flavor. All I add is water and it tastes great.
  • Greytfish
    Options

You can recomp, where you stutter between the states on an almost-daily basis, if that's what you mean, but man is that ever annoying.

As opposed to build and cut cycles? :laugh:
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition but I love Gaspari...best tasting protein powder I've ever had. Although I hear Truetin is good
  • Huffdogg
    Options

As opposed to build and cut cycles? :laugh:

Absolutely. I'd much rather cut quick and be done with it, and then go back to a bulk cycle, than waffle around with recomp.
  • Greytfish
    Options
    To each his own.

Gotta admit I love when the guys at my gyms are doing build and cut cycles.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Trutein cinnabun.
    Nothing else compares <3<3<3

Just tried this for the first time and it lives up to the hype. So flipping good.
  • fittlefattle
    Options
    I just finished a tub of Dymatize Elite in chocolate flavor and I liked it. I've heard good things about their butter cream toffee flavor so I ordered some this morning along with cookies and cream flavor.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey, I use the natural vanilla. It isn't loaded with a bunch of junk so that's nice.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize ISO 100 hydrolyzed whey in chocolate (just ordered the Cookies & Creme for the first time) and its fantastic. It's cross-micro filtered, has BCAAs plus glutamine, mixes well, priced well (depending on where u order/shop) and... bonus, tastes great. Hope this helps.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Gnary Whey Chiseled Choclate. Best protein ever and it's not loaded with crap.