Yummy Stawberry/Banana Smoothie

Options
Ok, just wanted to share this recipe with anyone who cares to try it. Usually, in the morning(every morning) I have my absolute Favorite drink, an Iced Cappacchino. I have been doing this for years(it's a habit). In trying to change my food habits into healthier ones I have been trying to come up with a yummy, lower calorie option to my Iced capp. (It is 425 calories) So, this morning I experimented and found an absolutely yummy, lower calorie smoothie option.

1 (6oz) container Dannon Light & Fit nonfat yogurt (I used vanilla) (80cal)
1/2 a frozen banana (60 cal)
1 & 1/4 cups of frozen strawberries(cut up)(I actually bought mine fresh & then froze them) (60 cal)
1/2 cup Light Milk(1%) (60 cal)
2 oz of water(to thin it out enough to drink cuz it was thicker than a milkshake) (0 cal)

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend. For the water just use what you want until you have the consistency you want

It makes about a 16oz serving for 260 calories

It tasted so good I stuck some in the freezer to see how it would taste as a substitute for ice cream. Of course there are so many different flavors of non fat yogurt so you could experiment with any of them. Let me know if anyone comes up with a different variation that turns out good.

Replies

• nicolepope11
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I am definitely going to try that!
  • Jenn220
    Jenn220 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • janibel54
    janibel54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've learned to make ALL kinds of smoothies and I love it. I am not one to EAT fruit, but blend it up in a blender and YUM. I use a lot of fresh pineapple and mango with frozen blueberries. For mixing, I've used yogurt, fruit juice and now, because I needed to add some veggies to the mix, V-8 V-fusion juice. I also freeze about half of each batch and either eat it like ice cream or thaw it a bit and remix it as a smoothie. My trainer recommends using frozen mixed berries because they are "dark" fruits but I don't like raspberries that's not an option for me. Others might like it though!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, thank you but FYI, you don’t have to give up the iced caps, you need to just change to ordering a small with milk not cream, its only 3 WW Points!

BUT, if you want to give up that habit you’ll save $900 a year so go ahead, toss it! ;)

Good luck!
  • failleen
    failleen Posts: 11
    Options
    Sounds good, thank you but FYI, you don’t have to give up the iced caps, you need to just change to ordering a small with milk not cream, its only 3 WW Points!

BUT, if you want to give up that habit you’ll save $900 a year so go ahead, toss it! ;)

Good luck!
  • failleen
    Options
    Actually, I make them at home with a powder I get from Costco and I make them with 15 light milk and ice. I suppose I could just cut my serving size in half so I get to taste it when I want to :happy:
  • failleen
    Options
    Sorry that was supposed to be 1% light milk :blushing: