Zumba

Options
I just ordered Zumba and should expect to receive it sometime next week. I have heard good things about it such as how fun it is. Although, I haven't heard anyone say that they have lost any weight doing it. Has anyone on here had any success at all with losing weight from Zumba?

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I havent been using it long enough to say for certain, but with a healthy eating plan, I honestly dont see how anyone wouldnt lose weight, it is fun, and you move alot, I mean its not at Insanity level, but dancing for 46 minutes straight, should burn some serious calories, I do the Cardio party only.

Have fun and hope you enjoy as well
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    This is my next purchase too...I can't wait but I am going to order it after I complete CLX series first, which is in 3 months cuz I jsut started it. Let us know how it works for you...
  • amarie36
    amarie36 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm looking forward to it. :happy:
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Between eating right, zumba, and running (more zumba than running) I've lost 41 lbs since January of this year! The nice thing about Zumba is that it really works your waistline! You'll love it :D
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Don't depend on exercise to lose the weight because you'll burn out quickly. Losing weight and staying fit is about seventy-five percent diet and twenty-five percent physical activities (Walking, cleaning the house, doing the dishes, planting a garden, and exercising). So, will Zumba help you lose weight? The answer is yes, but only if you burn more calories than you take into your body.
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    as a Zumba instructor, i've had many women lose weight, some 5-10 pounds, some over 80! as mentioned above, zumba will help, clean eating is the key. the women who take my classes also watch their food intake and weight train. Zumba is a great cardio class! it is a lot of fun and the workout goes so fast! an hour zips by and you are soaked with sweat at the end! it has been my largest, most popular class and i've been teaching aerobics for 13 years.
  • peacheypie
    Options
    Hi,
    How do you list Zumba on your exercise check in? I'm not sure how many calories I'm losing in the 60 mins I'm doing this.