Best Song of 2013

Options

Replies

• hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    A song released mid 2012 is the best song of 2013?

Perhaps it was just the song I enjoyed the most in 2013.
  • AsparagusFinch
    AsparagusFinch Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, tough, but I'd go with Pompeii by Bastille
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. If you saw the uncensored version on YouTube, you totally get why!
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Best 'song' (in terms of popularity) would likely be Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke feat. Pharrell.

However, I personally think either Get Lucky (by Daft Punk feat. Pharrell) or Roar by Katy Perry are probably best songs.
  • reality_girl
    reality_girl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Rap God - Eminem
    Any song by Imagine Dragons
  • Ninguneado77
    Options
    none...kids are obsessed with 80s music today...2 reasons: their parents listen to it...and what they get today is garbage
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Blurred Lines---Robing Thick

Going Home ---Drake

Rap God---Eminem

Bad --Wale
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    as mentioned

royals - lordes
    blurred lines - robin thicke
    radioactive - imagine dragons
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I liked Get Lucky... more so after the AMA's... ;)
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I personally cannot stand Blurred Lines because of the sexist rape lyrics. I am sure that is the most popular song of 2013, though. :( So sad.

I have never heard this song but I youtubed it but didn't hear raped lyrics
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I personally cannot stand Blurred Lines because of the sexist rape lyrics. I am sure that is the most popular song of 2013, though. :( So sad.

I have listened to that song over 100 times and never got the impression of rape from it. Oh well, to each its own ---great song and love the old school beat
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I suck at song titles.

Royals by Lorde

Somebody that I Used to know by Goite(sp?)

100% on Lorde!

As far as Gotye,...great song, amazing video,...but I believe that was released in late 2011, or early 2012.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

that song is very triggering and very rapey super disgusting song
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I can't believe so many people like that pile of garbage song. Blurred lines could be one of the worst songs of 2013.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

that song is very triggering and very rapey super disgusting song

so in 1988 you wouldnt have voted Guns n roses, Used to love her?
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    none...kids are obsessed with 80s music today...2 reasons: their parents listen to it...and what they get today is garbage

Yes, the 80s are indeed known as being the pinnacle of chart music...
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

So very this....
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Yes, the 80s are indeed known as being the pinnacle of chart music...

Beats the crap out of gangnam stlye, wrecking ball and some of the other garbage posted in here.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Blurred lines is excessively rapey- anyone who doesn't think so is missing the point.

That being said- it was extremely catchy.

Roar is complete rubbish- I normally am a big Katy Perry fan- but that song sucked.

Anything by Drake sucks.
    Rihanna's Pour it up- very catchy- video is sick.

My picks for this year would be as follows:
    Ethnic/World
    Carole Samaha: Wahshani Baladi
    No one would know this- but I really also liked this release and I'm pretty sure it came out last year- just really great song.

Modern/Alternative/Pop Culture (whatever the hell we are calling it)
    Lorde's Royals
    song probably stuck out to me the most this year for basic pop culture- that would be my vote

Heavy Metal
    Otep: Apex Predator- god- gives me the shivers- love that song.

No one would know this- but I really also liked this release and I'm pretty sure it came out last year- just really great song.
    god- this.

Although- as much as I hate to admit how much of a train wreck Miley is- some of her stuff is really good- I actually kind of liked wrecking ball- but it's certainly not my favorite- it's the flavor of the month- and it'll never be a classic- and the video- god- there isn't enough eye bleach for that.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Blurred Lines by a nose...closely followed by Get Lucky. (The "theme" isn't intentional...those just happened to be the ones I liked most this year probably.)

I tend to be behind on my listening though so I probably won't have heard most of the 2013 stuff I want to until around June of this year...it's possible I'd have a different answer at that point.