am I losing muscle??? Help!

lculian
lculian Posts: 313 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
In the last couple of weeks the scale has fluctuated up and down and in the end I've lost 2 lbs. My concern is that my measurements are exactly the same, so does that mean that I lost muscle and gained fat??

I was using a protein shake post workouts, but I haven't bought any in about 6 weeks. I always make my protein goal, but in the past when I work out I always added 25 g of protein to my daily goal. Could making this change cause my body to burn the muscle instead of fat?

My goal currently isn't to loss more weight, it's to firm my abs up.
Thanks for your tips:heart:

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    No you are not burning muscle. The changes you are seeing are part of normal fluctuations. 2lbs is not enough to manifest itself in any type of measurement.
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    What kind of workouts do you do? If all you do is cardio then it's quite possible you've lost muscle, but not necessarily. There's a very good chance that you won't see any changes in measurements with only a 2 pound loss anyway. I would say just keep doing what you're doing (and add resistance training if you're not already doing it).
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Thank you for your thoughts.

I do vary my workouts, some strength, some cardio. It sounds like I need to up my strength training though. I was just worried/ frustrated, because I have not seen a change in measurements in 6 weeks all together and have lost 5 pounds during that time.
This discussion has been closed.