Where do I begin?

Options
Could someone recommend a beginners workout program, easy on the knees to start the process and then work up to harder workouts? Any help would be appreciated

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk.

I'm dead serious. I started seriously in June. I walked 2 miles every day. I worked my way up to 6 1/2ish miles every other day.

My doctor gave me fantastic advice when I first started (I went to see her because of leg pain while trying to do running), and that was, Don't do too much too soon. Start off small and work your way up.

I listened and did just that. Walking is a great way to start.
  • Leena1119
    Options
    Thanks for the great advice... walking starts great and i am sure i can do 2 miles. given the horrid weather of where i live .. i could maybe do one of those indoors walking workouts :)
    its amazing how much weight you have lost
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Swimming, and walking/jogging in the water have been good for me when I first started back on the road to fitness. I walk miles each week too.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    when i was 300 lbs i couldnt do anything so i joined a gym that had a pool and it was a tiny one but it served its purpose in getting me moving and exercising. it was not hard on the joints and allowed me to exercise without killing my knees and hips
  • Brendajo510
    Options
    Walk, get a gym membership, try new apps, or try workout videos.

Personally, I love workout apps as a gym membership is not within my budget at this time and the only workout equipment I own is an elliptical. I use C25K for cardio and Bodyweight (previously You are Your Own Gym) for strength. I use a HRM to calculate calories burned.

I found I didn't really like workout videos and when I tried 30 day shred (2 different times), I would mess up my knees within the first week or so. Just listen to your body when it comes to a workout plan actually hurting you and just soreness.