Extra skin??????

Options
srhelm
srhelm Posts: 23 Member
I have now lost 53lbs and am noticing the saggy or extra skin hang. Those of you that have lost a substantial amount of weight, do you have any suggestions of how to tighten up? My research only suggests lots of water and lotion.
I still have about 50 more to lose so can only imagine it will get worse before it gets better.

Thanks.

Replies

• Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Following.

I've dropped a little over 40 & have a lot of loose skin. But it never tightened up after I had my kiddo. I hear getting to a very low body fat helps. Too bad that doesn't help my boobs! Lol
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy.
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    Weightlifting. Trust me.
    (You might gain weight from muscle growth but you look so much leaner and don't have annoying loose skin)
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    ---
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Start using NONFAT POWDERED MILK!! Kinda tastes gross in coffee but if you use it in desserts or soups it can be very tasty … Its like magic on your skin ---lots of water and start some strength exercises and you will not have anything to worry about.

:huh:

Going to say NO to that.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Start using NONFAT POWDERED MILK!! Kinda tastes gross in coffee but if you use it in desserts or soups it can be very tasty … Its like magic on your skin ---lots of water and start some strength exercises and you will not have anything to worry about.

lol
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Following because this is going to be me after I achieve my goal.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Lift weights, hydrate, and be patient.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options

7166795490_c6ec304fed.jpg
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Start using NONFAT POWDERED MILK!! <snip> Its like magic on your skin -- <snip>

So wait ... are you supposed to drink it or rub it on your skin? :wink:
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights will help fill some of it out, but the best you can do is just give it time. Time will tighten things up to a degree, hydration will help keep your skin healthy so it can bounce back, and I have read that lotion will help with that. My doc recommended fish oil to me which I take for lots of reasons. A friend of mine had bariatric surgery and was told, when she was done losing weight, that she needed to give it a year for the skin to bounce back and then if she still had issues they'd look at removing some excess skin, but most people are pretty close to back to normal within the year so long as they take care of themselves.

And, of course, it depends entirely on your age, how long you were overweight, and genetics.
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I found that strength training helped me after losing 45 lbs. At first I watched what I ate and did cardio, but I still was very jiggly. I added in weight lifting and although I still have a little loose skin in my tummy area, it's tighter than before.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :huh: this is unclear and seems to be telling me to put it both IN me and ON me?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I think I"m gonna pass out, this shiz is just getting TOO exciting. I had NO idea you guise were SERIOUS about the new years stuffs? Last year I was so busy just tryna tread water in here I wasn't paying enough attention. BRB pantiliner!
  • 86myHeadache
    86myHeadache Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was going to search this tonight, but this thread is getting me started. I was really grossed out tonight seeing extra skin in area I never heard anyone mention before:sick: ; not the belly, legs,back, chin, or arms :noway: . So I am really hoping after loosing 30 more lbs with an emphasis on lifting, my belly won't follow the same path. Thankfully my goal is not a beachbody, but not being grossed out is part of the goal.
  • 86myHeadache
    86myHeadache Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    http://www.burnthefat.com/loose_skin.html

I enjoyed this read. Thanks Joy_Joy :drinker:
  • amandasimons50
    amandasimons50 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Everything I had read so far has led me to believe that daily use of coconut oil can also repair stretched skin and stretch marks... excited to get the chance to see :)
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Following for later!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!