44 Things Every Short Girl Can Relate To

Options
Yanicka1
Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
44 Things Every Short Girl Can Relate To

Read more at http://totalfratmove.com/44-things-every-short-girl-can-relate-to/#m5pGRR2KakwGQLSk.99

1. You’re always “so cute,” which is incredibly frustrating when you were going for “sexy.”

2. People think it’s funny when you’re mad.

3. When you gain five pounds, it’s noticeable.

4. When you gain ten pounds, it’s really noticeable.

5. When you gain fifteen pounds, you want to fling yourself out a window except you’re certain you’d bounce right back as soon as you hit the ground.

6. Frankly, you can’t reach anything.

7. It actually feels weird when your pants are the proper length, because you’re used to them being too long.

8. Dress codes are unforgiving. You actually look like you’re drowning in fabric if your skirt or dress reaches your knees.

9. “Wait, no. You have to wear heels or I can’t stand next to you all night.”

10. You know that a “legal midget” is someone under 4’11”, because every person insists on reminding you that you almost qualify.*

*Editor’s note: People with dwarfism are under 4’11”, but not every person under 4’11” has dwarfism. Idiots.

11. You don’t always have to squat in the front of photos.

12. And if you’re not in the front of photos, you might as well not be in them at all.

13. Your yoga pants are all ripped at the bottom.

14. Boys like short girls more.

15. …because you’re “easy to throw around.” Hmm.

16. Middle schoolers are taller than you are.

17. When you’re sitting, your feet don’t always reach the floor, and you don’t care how childlike you look swinging your legs.

18. You can’t dust the snow off the top of your car, because you can’t reach it.

19. You don’t think it’s weird to have friends who are over a foot taller than you are.

20. “*****, please.” -You when girls 5’5” or taller complain about being short.

21. You see as much of the performance at a jam-packed concert as you would if you were listening to the radio.

22. Cooking dinner becomes an acrobatic experience, because you regularly have to hoist yourself up onto your kitchen counters to reach things.

23. Before reading this sentence, you didn’t know that normal-sized people can see the hoods of their cars while they’re driving.

24. To hold hands with a tall guy, you have to bend your arm at the elbow and aim up.

25. People like to tell you you’re short, as if you’re unaware.

26. There’s at least one item of clothing from your childhood that still fits you.

27. Everyone wants to “put you in their pockets.”

28. Your head is an armrest — as if everyone’s arms are just so tired all the time that they need constant resting.

29. Short guys flock to you.

30. Your “big growth spurt” shot you up to 4’10” from 4’4”.

31. Snooki and Kristin Chenoweth are your favorites.

32. Maxi dresses. Lol.

33. Amusement parks become a constant “Are you tall enough for this ride?” joke.

34. If you know an 11-year-old, his favorite party trick is making you stand up to show people that he’s taller than you are.

35. You were always first when you had to line up in size order.

36. Peepholes are pointless.

37. Wearing jeans when it’s raining is your own personal torture treatment.

38. No one can fit in the driver’s seat of your car, and the amount of time it takes for them to electronically adjust it makes it feel like the vehicle itself is mocking you

39. Putting something at the top of your closet means you’re not going to see it again for a very long time.

40. If you wear really short bottoms, you still don’t look slutty.

41. You can describe yourself as “tiny” and it’s not obnoxious.

42. There are people who are still taller than you when you’re standing on an elevated surface.

43. You mentally prepare yourself before getting up onto a barstool.

44. You resent people who are shorter than you are, because being little is your thing

Replies

• ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Those are all great!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes, all of these, yes! Especially 44, hahaha. (I'm 5'0" … not the shortest, but I fit into that "almost" category on 10)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    sorry but that was funny and true i like short girls there sexy
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have almost all of these things happen to me on a regular basis. so so true!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Yeah...TOTALLY get it!

As if my family REALLY needs to sing "we represent the lollipop guild, the lollipop guild, the lollipop guild" from the Wizard of OZ the whole time they are moving the seat back after I have driven! (yeah....they get pretty far through it!)

I SWEAR I get shorter after family gatherings because they all really DO use my head as an armrest for the arm that is holding the beer...

"CUTE" sux

Teenage boys all taller than me (since about age 11) ...yeah...they show off that they are taller than me until I let them know that it really isn't THAT great of an accomplishment! (they they shut up!)

Parent group laughing because they couldn't see me chaparoning a dance...kept going over to the "uncovered" area...they finally figured out that I actual WAS an adult in the area where I was supposed to be... (8th grade end of year dance)

I am adept at climbing my counters to get things out of the cupboards. I ask my kids to clean off the roof of my car because SERIOUSLY...I CAN"T REACH IT!

People EVERYWHERE...even strangers...comment about how fast I have to walk to keep up with thier stride.

I seriously DON"T care how childlike I look swinging my legs in my seat at work...yeah, people notice...they just can't believe I'm that SHORT! (I'm especially short in the legs and "tall" in the back)

Yes, I have plenty of stuff from childhood that still fits (well, length wise, though not fat wise right now)

Your #25
    SOOOOO your #25

I commented on a dress in a friends closet...shut up as soon as she informed me that it was a SHIRT! LOL

#42...

yuuuup...
    all of it. Just all of it!!!
    Nice to know I'm not alone. ;-)
  • Jambalady
    Jambalady Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Love everyone single one of them says the 4' 11.5" gal!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Yeah...TOTALLY get it!

As if my family REALLY needs to sing "we represent the lollipop guild, the lollipop guild, the lollipop guild" from the Wizard of OZ the whole time they are moving the seat back after I have driven! (yeah....they get pretty far through it!)

I SWEAR I get shorter after family gatherings because they all really DO use my head as an armrest for the arm that is holding the beer...

"CUTE" sux

Teenage boys all taller than me (since about age 11) ...yeah...they show off that they are taller than me until I let them know that it really isn't THAT great of an accomplishment! (they they shut up!)

Parent group laughing because they couldn't see me chaparoning a dance...kept going over to the "uncovered" area...they finally figured out that I actual WAS an adult in the area where I was supposed to be... (8th grade end of year dance)

I am adept at climbing my counters to get things out of the cupboards. I ask my kids to clean off the roof of my car because SERIOUSLY...I CAN"T REACH IT!

People EVERYWHERE...even strangers...comment about how fast I have to walk to keep up with thier stride.

I seriously DON"T care how childlike I look swinging my legs in my seat at work...yeah, people notice...they just can't believe I'm that SHORT! (I'm especially short in the legs and "tall" in the back)

Yes, I have plenty of stuff from childhood that still fits (well, length wise, though not fat wise right now)

Your #25
    SOOOOO your #25

I commented on a dress in a friends closet...shut up as soon as she informed me that it was a SHIRT! LOL

#42...

yuuuup...
    all of it. Just all of it!!!
    Nice to know I'm not alone. ;-)

Lol I wanted a Lulilemon top for the longest time. Ordered one on my 1000 th day logging on MFP...........it is so long that I now have a lululemon "dress"
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    5'1" here, and I can definitely relate to all of those!
  • Kindone
    Kindone Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    YES to every single one of these. A few more?
    -Tall girls tend to resent you because really tall guys seem to like really short girls
    -Those obnoxious "shoe-free home" friends who require you take your shoes off when you come over and then suddenly you are pretty much invisible.
    -the top cupboards of the kitchen (not to mention the storage space on top of the cupboards) may as well be rented out since you will never ever ever use them.
    -five inch cuffs on the bottom of your jeans ...except when cropped jeans are in style.. and then jeans miraculously fit you perfectly.
    - Wait.. my suit skirts are not supposed to hit mid calf?
    - Having to wear stilettos to launch you over 5' tall
    - Do NOT pat me on the head, mother$%^&er!!!
    - Never being able to see anything at any concert
    - (my trick) Throwing my jacket over the seat in front of me (pretending somebody is saving it) at the movies because, inevitably, a 6'6" man will sit directly in front of me every.single.time making it impossible for me to see the screen.

shall I go on? (4'10")
    -
  • Kindone
    Kindone Posts: 138 Member
    Options

^^ This. I have to say this is one of the biggest annoyances to me. Like in a business setting when I am essentially jogging in heels to keep up with other.. or am walking ten feet behind people who are strolling leisurely while I am nearly running.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    ...and let's not forget this little gem! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Geez...all this is true even for 5'2 girls...*cries

My feet don't touch the floor in the bus. Do you have any idea how much knees hurt when they don't have support after being stuck in traffic for over an hour?

My kitchen chairs are constant ladders to reach the highest shelves.

I'm 'petite' in the leg but 'regular' up top...that means crop jeans aren't cropped for me either...sigh...
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'm not short, but I found 38 hysterical. :flowerforyou:
  • Mita19
    Mita19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bumping to show my daughter who is 5'1....im a little taller at 5'4. :wink:
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Oh, all of these and so much more. Every pair of pants needing to be cropped. All long sleeves covering my fingers. Not being able to see over anything at work. Any aisle with high walls is a bloody tunnel. Angry and sexy are just cute. So are "irritated", "confident", or anything that isn't expected from a pocket-sized pixie person.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    30. made me laugh because my growth spurt was 4 ft 6 to 4ft 10 , lol

another thing about being short everyone always mistakes you for being younger , since I'm turning 30 Feb 9th I know this all to well and I get carded a lot , and get called young lady on occasion , I have children by the way and well am not young lady anymore, but regardless loves your post almost everything is spot on ,

Once one of my mothers friends who is dwarf got asked if they were always that short , she replied no I was 6ft yesterday not sure what happened ...

Another thing about being short I have to adjust my seat in my car so much I am on top of my steering wheel , mowing the lawn is difficult because of where the handle is , so my husband does it instead ,

when I was younger I use to get asked if I shop in the girls section since I'm so short , smh no am a woman but if I had no curves sure than hemming pant would no longer be an issue

petite pants are to long my inseams 26 there's is 27 to 29 ..
  • strivingsharon
    Options
    yes i can defitnately relate. im nearly 5'3
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm not short, but I found 38 hysterical. :flowerforyou:

i'm *still* adjusting my mirrors 2+ weeks later after a friend who is a foot taller than me drove my car... so it is true. :-p
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The driver's seat one is so true. When my car battery died and I had to have somebody help me move it, he couldn't even fit all the way into the driver's seat because it was too far forward.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Hilarious. Thank you. Loved these. Just for the record...couches at Pier One are the proper size for short people. My back was agsinst the cushion and my feet were touching the floor.