What do you do when you "fall off the wagon"?

Options
I'm new to MFP, and I've already gone over my calorie allowance for the day. I just couldn't resist that one extra slice of pizza. What do you do to get back on track?!?

Thank you much!

Replies

• readyfortaipei
    readyfortaipei Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a brand new day. Forget about the pizza. Stay on track tomorrow.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over 1 decision. You start again, beginning right now. The worst thing to do is think "well, I blew it so I'll just eat whatever I want the rest of the day." No, don't do it.

I try to use my "mistakes" to learn from. I've learned that I can not eat 1 serving of chips and put them away, so I don't have them to begin with. And I learned that I must have some kind of protein at lunch or there's no way I'll make it to dinner without grabbing something extra to eat. Oh, and I discovered I can not have my fav treat in the house, so I took it to work to share. :)

You CAN do this. And so can I. I tell myself that every day.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. We're human and we won't do this perfectly all the time. It's in the past and there's nothing you can do about it. Just let it go. You don't need to do anything like go hungry tomorrow or work it off with exercise to make up for it.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Normally, I get right back on again, but then we end up breaking an axle and someone gets dysentery, and it's just all downhill from there.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Get up and hop right back on the wagon !
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Don't worry so much about the day by day but more of the weekly average. Some days will be over some days may be under.
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Depending on how I'm feeling I'll often do some exercise to mitigate the blow out. If it's part way through the day I'll eat healthy low cal snacks and meals to finish off the day. I try to have my total for the week roughly right but I don't overly restrict to make it happen. Just eat within your deficit from tomorrow.

I Just ate 500 calories of chocolates. Oops.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I look a the calories number as a guide not a figure set in stone. Some days you may go over a little other days you could be under as long as it's not stupid amounts it all balances out in the end
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    You pick yourself up, you dust yourself off, and you move on.
    Sometimes I'll eat a bit less for the rest of the week to balance it out. Sometimes I'll just shrug and go on to the next day.
    Normally, I get right back on again, but then we end up breaking an axle and someone gets dysentery, and it's just all downhill from there.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: