gained weight, should I lower cal intake?

Options
I am 18 years old, 158cm, and today weigh 44kg. I started to up my cal from 1450 to 1550 cal intake 18 ago and I've gained 1kg on the second day of upping cal to 43kg, and for the past few days I've been having fever but I continue to eat 1550cal daily but today I found out that I gain another kg and weigh 44kg. Is that fat that I gain? Should I lower my cal intake?? I just don't want to gain anymore weight and not trying to lose weight.

Replies

• linorang1
    Options
    What are your goals?, 97 pound is underweight for a male of 5'2.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?, 97 pound is underweight for a male of 5'2.

Their profile says FEmale.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    92 pounds is underweight even at 5ft 2. I suggest you see a professional because it sounds like you have some eating disordered thoughts.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I had a Doctor in specializes in performing arts medicine help me with my goal weight range and how many calories. He gave me a minimum (1250) and a weight range of no less than 125 and to not swing up above 133. I am 5'8". He told me to add more activity to my life and suggested yoga, pilates, and lots of walking if I swing up.

At 18, it is entirely possible to grow taller and need more weight. You could gain weight for not getting enough sleep. if you have days where your calories are saltier or more carb-y, you could retain water. You will just need to monitor and adjust .

Good luck! We are all here as we are learning how to maintain as well.
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    92 pounds is underweight even at 5ft 2. I suggest you see a professional because it sounds like you have some eating disordered thoughts.

I'm no longer 92 pounds...
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I had a Doctor in specializes in performing arts medicine help me with my goal weight range and how many calories. He gave me a minimum (1250) and a weight range of no less than 125 and to not swing up above 133. I am 5'8". He told me to add more activity to my life and suggested yoga, pilates, and lots of walking if I swing up.

At 18, it is entirely possible to grow taller and need more weight. You could gain weight for not getting enough sleep. if you have days where your calories are saltier or more carb-y, you could retain water. You will just need to monitor and adjust .

Good luck! We are all here as we are learning how to maintain as well.

Thanks for the advice! I shall give it more time and readjust if needed!
  • mbernardy
    mbernardy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Also, if you have had a fever, have you been taking anything for it? I find that I gain about 3 pounds whenever I take ibuprofen because it makes me retain water.
  • sassymc86
    sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    your body needs this many calories to be healthy. even if it means you putting on a few, thats probably a good thing.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You should give it time. Nutrition is key to your success. Do not be tethered by a simple number. I only weigh myself once a month to keep record.