Lifting Shoes…?

Options
2»

Replies

• MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    These lifters and the lifter pluses are the shiznit. http://shopcrossfitreebok.com/footwear/mens-footwear/mens-lifters.html

also I have a 30% off code that works on them plus free shipping. message me if you want the code.
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wrestling shoes always work for me, non-slip, light, a bit supportive on the ankles.

This is really all you need, get a cheap pair of sturdy wrestling shoes.
    Don't buy sneakers, and especially don't buy the ones with the weird *kitten* gel padding and crap for "support," I literally squat 50 pounds less when wearing stuff like that, they just **** up your center of gravity and your natural cling to the ground.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    The kids got me oly shoes for Xmas and they are great. My squat form is much better in them and it feels much easier.

ETA: I was wearing gutties (for viewers in Scotland) before - bit like chucks or bare feet. The lifting shoes are not something you NEED but I do like them.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I was going barefoot for a while but the guy who runs my gym banned that. Why, I have no idea, but it is what it is…just seeing what everyone thinks are a good pair to get for lifting…primarily deads and squats…

thanks!

That's awful...I lift barefoot too...

if it ever gets to that point for me I am getting those Nike shoes for yoga...no I don't do yoga but...

untitled_zps18657d52.png

these are close to barefoot and you don't have to use the wrap part.
    I think he needs to use the wrap part...

my man card will get pulled if I wear those...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Are you talking Oly shoes, or regular sneakers?

actually I really do not know …was just going barefoot/socks for a while but now I can't do that anymore..

any thoughts..?
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your willing to spend, and how custom you want to go.

chucks as has been said are a good shout, I used to lift in a pair of wrestling boots, now I'm in the Addidas Powerlift 2.0's, but they are £80-90 (Mind you, I compete in power lifting, hence why I spent on those).

If in doubt, go for Chucks, or any other flat, solid sole shoe.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    The new Reebok's Mark Bell designed look pretty sweet. They come out next month.
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    For deads and squats, the flattest things you can find . . . Certainly Chucks would work, and Vans would be good too.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I have zippered shoes that I wore for aqua zumba. they'd be good. Then you could shower in them afterwards.