maternity friends needed!!!!

Hey! I've had this app foe a while and lost a bit of weight with it. 50# before my wedding. We then had our 1st baby and I gained around 80#! Crazy I know. I was down 40 from that and now we are expecting again. :) very excited but I would like to try not to gain so much this time around. Any one want to join me??

Replies

• wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Bump
  • KiwipowaRoo
    KiwipowaRoo Posts: 220 Member
    Good luck! xx
  • Mother_Warrior
    Mother_Warrior Posts: 44 Member
    When I was gaining too much with my first pregnancy my OB suggested I make sure to eat a protein with each meal. That was it. Obviously be sensible too... but you are pregnant. After I started doing that I really slowed my weight gain and that was in the third trimester! Good luck and congrats!!
  • muscati
    muscati Posts: 22 Member
    Hi, I'm 25 weeks and I also just came back here this week after my last dr apt where he asked me to slow down. I have gained 20 pounds.

But like u had a baby last year and was still overweight from that one. By almost 20 pounds.

I am on target for around 1700-1800 cals a day. It's a target but not gonna die if I go over some days.

My first goal is to just go back to healthy eating. Honestly I spent 24 weeks eating whatever. Even fast food, which I never would eat when not pregnant.

I need to maintain or gain as little as possible, what my dr said. Because my BMI is 31.

So I hope to have positive ppl here to help me.
    Add me pls? I have found a few good friends who r also pregnant on here.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    My first two babies I gained 40 -50 lbs. By my third I realized I had to watch it. Drank mostly water n some milk ate healthy little to no fastfood. Limited sweets and I gained 30 lbs much much better. He was about 8.5 lbs my biggest baby. You can do it. Indulge every now and again but sometimes you gotta tell urself no. Walk for exercise at least as long as everything goes well. We plan to ttc soon but gotta lose this 20lbs baby weight from my first two kids. Congrats n good luck. Eat good portions drink water as much as you can. ;)