Ladies only please

Options
2»

Replies

• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    just see your gyno to rule out anything.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't starve myself. I eat healthy, lots of fiber and protein. my diet usually consists of plain oatmeal, lean chicken, 3-6 servings of veggies and 1 or 2 of fruit. And occasionally a little treat.

My mom always worries. She herself doesn't watch her diet and to her if you don't eat a lot there is something wrong with you. lol

How about healthy fats? Those are so important. To be honest, your estimated BMR is about 1400 calories. So if you stayed in bed 24 hours a day, your body would need that much to keep itself running. Without working out, getting out of bed and living life is going to take your TDEE over 1500 calories. I honestly think it's possible you have been chronically undereating even if not intentionally starving yourself. Trust me-I'm not someone who jumps on the "eat more" answer. But you are a young woman, and your daily needs should be higher.

How do you count your calories? Oatmeal is about 150 for a normal serving, plain veggies would take you to a max of 300 calories (for three servings) (and that would be if you were eating potatoes for all the servings), and another 200 for fruit. Being generous, that's 650 calories. I left off the chicken since I don't eat it, but it's probably not 850 calories.
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Is it possible you're overestimating your calories? I know people usually have the opposite problem, but I've found that I tend to overestimate on some things. Like 2 tbsp of peanut butter is *way* more than I normally put on a sandwich, but I used to count it as a full serving. That or it may just be general stress. If it's not pregnancy, or food, and it's been 3 months (if it were just a few weeks or 1 month, then I'd say it's just fluctuations), then stress seems like the only thing left. Unfortunately the only way to know what it is for sure is to go to a doctor. And no matter how much you swear you aren't pregnant, they're gonna do a blood pregnancy test, haha. (Although being a virgin might save you from that one, I suppose!)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I apologize if this is insulting- I know you said you're not pregnant in the original post, but are you 100% positive you're not pregnant? Even if you're on BC, and use condoms, there's always that slight chance....even if you've had a negative home test. If you've been sexually active in the last 3 months, you might need to have a blood test to confirm you're not pregnant.

I'm 100% positive. I'm a virgin :embarassed: ( how many times do you hear that a 22 year old girl is a virgin?)

thanks for the concern though :)

Well that settles it! Good for you, girl. :flowerforyou:
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't really think anyone here will be qualified to give you an answer. It can happen, hormones go out of wack and you don't get your period for a while for seemingly no real reason, at no risk to your health but if your concerned see a doctor, they can run tests and you'll get an affirmative answer.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    (my GF was 32 when she married....and she was a virgin, too. Awesome to both of you! :smile: BTW, my gf's son was a virgin too when he married at age 28....so was his bride. :smile: YOU can get what the rest of the world has any time....however, not many in the world can have what YOU have! ) :flowerforyou:
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    Is it possible you're overestimating your calories? I know people usually have the opposite problem, but I've found that I tend to overestimate on some things. Like 2 tbsp of peanut butter is *way* more than I normally put on a sandwich, but I used to count it as a full serving. That or it may just be general stress. If it's not pregnancy, or food, and it's been 3 months (if it were just a few weeks or 1 month, then I'd say it's just fluctuations), then stress seems like the only thing left. Unfortunately the only way to know what it is for sure is to go to a doctor. And no matter how much you swear you aren't pregnant, they're gonna do a blood pregnancy test, haha. (Although being a virgin might save you from that one, I suppose!)

I think I always overestimate. I do it to be on the safe side, so it's possible I'm not eating as much as I think I am.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Try weighing out your food and logging it for week and see how you do. Do it every day accurately as possible. Pay attention to weight/gm/ounces and perhaps this will save you a trip to the doctors.
  • OcotilloFire
    OcotilloFire Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Seeing your doctor is the best bet. I went through the same thing over the summer and into early fall. After some testing (blood and tissue samples), there was a simple solution. See your doctor and put your mind at ease.
  • Wifey7891
    Options
    well first i think u should go see your doctor, because they will be able to diagnose something if it is serious. but i will say that stress can be a factor. if you are very athletic sometimes it can affect the cycle too, with decreases in body fat.
  • rhondamarie00
    Options
    I know someone that hit menopause at a very young age. she was 30. Are you having many mood swings? Early menopause isn't all THAT common but its still something you may want to talk to your doc about