Water Tip

jldodd
jldodd Posts: 16
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
I don't know if others have this problem too, but I can't ever drink enough water. If I think of it I will go drink a cup, otherwise- never! Even water bottles don't really work for me.
So I just figured this out this week. I got a sub at Subway, a bag of baked Lays and made it a meal deal (which means they add a 32 oz drink). I got a Diet Coke as a treat and in no time it was gone. I barely remember drinking it. SO I washed out the plastic cup and filled it with water.. 32 oz gone in a span of 3 hours. I'm a mindless drinker I guess!! Especially if there is a straw involved. I think the huge cup means I don't have to fill it up as often and a straw is so much easier and fun for me to drink from than an open water bottle top. I'm gonna keep using this trick. Let me know if it works for you too!

Replies

• chrisd0201
    chrisd0201 Posts: 23 Member
    I know exactly what you are saying. I drink much more with a straw.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    I often do that at restaurants too. Another trick for me is to take a water bottle or two along in the car. I can easily drink one bottle on the way to where I am going and one on the way back -- and that is over 1/2 of my water for the day!
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    I have that problem too! Drinking from a straw really helps me. I keep a sports bottle on my desk and I try to refill it 3 times during work. That would be 6 cups of water gone by the time i get home. My hardest problem is drinking when I'm not thirsty. I just made it a habit to sip on all day at all times! This is hard but I finally made 64 oz of water in one day! I thought it was a great acheivement!
  • cj0725
    cj0725 Posts: 28 Member
    I do the exact same thing! Won't drink water from my pretty pink bottle I bought especially to keep on my desk, but in my 32oz cup with a straw - it is refilled twice at work and once more for the ride home. Funny, I thought it was just me!
  • jldodd
    jldodd Posts: 16
    @klmmoore: It IS a great acheivement!

Thank God straws were invented.
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    i was just thinking about this earlier today so i got this huge cup with my straw and i've been sipping all day !
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    I just keep some with me at all times. I don't even keep track of how much I drink anymore but, it's pretty much.
  • I like to flavor my water with a teaspoon of lemon juice or a shot of fruit juice - just enough to say, hmmmm?? Is there flavor in there? Goes down Much easier!
This discussion has been closed.