New! Add me!

Options
New to mfp. Looking to loose 50 pounds by New Years. The plan is to use Hydroxycut and Slimfast to jump start myself and eat small dinners along with exercise.

I am by no means a nutritional expert so if any of you can tell me the effects of consistently falling short on categories like protein or potassium I would appreciate it.

Any and all suggestions and comments are appreciated. Add me so we can encourage each other!

Replies

• islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    My goal is also 50 lbs but I'm giving myself till next summer to acheive it. Slow and steady 5 pounds a month is my path. Welcome. You will find lots of helpful advice on this site. The diet diary is fantastic if you enter everything with accuracy. It is a great tool. Your welcome to add me as a friend.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would save your money on the Hydroxy Cut and Sugar loaded Slim fast and learn to do it right, you should shoot for 2lbs a week which the program will help you with, just have to stick to it and exercise.
    Also dont starve yourself with meal replacements and small meals, eat normal stuff (I had hamburgers for dinners and chicken fried chicken the other night and still lost 3lbs this week). You need to eat smaller and often, and log all your food and stay within the calories
  • louisepurcell
    louisepurcell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, just joined a week and finding this site invaluable. Writing down everything I eat really focuses the mind! I'm 40 and living in Dublin Ireland, Add me to help me along the way. Good luck everyone, we can do it!
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great tool for loosing weight!! Good luck!!
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would save your money on the Hydroxy Cut and Sugar loaded Slim fast and learn to do it right, you should shoot for 2lbs a week which the program will help you with, just have to stick to it and exercise.
    Also dont starve yourself with meal replacements and small meals, eat normal stuff (I had hamburgers for dinners and chicken fried chicken the other night and still lost 3lbs this week). You need to eat smaller and often, and log all your food and stay within the calories

You stole the words right out of my mouth! LOL
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

Great minds think alike :flowerforyou:
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options

Great minds think alike :flowerforyou:

I guess they do! LOL