So I've never had an issue with weight until now..

Options
I can't figure out what it is. I can think of several things, I will start out with the fact that I have a relatively high metabolism and I like to be active. I used to eat whatever I want and never gain a pound. My diet often consisted of pizza and mt. dew. I realize I probably wasn't the healthiest person but I was never unhappy with my weight. Then I moved. I have two children with no babysitter so I can't get out much to go work out, etc. But now I make an effort to go to the gym as frequently as I can (3-5 days I run a mile then I do strength training for an hour). I am at a more sedentary job. Like I went from 12 hours a day of running up and down halls as a CNA to pretty much an office job where I do very little physical activity. So, aside from my exercising, I've started watching what I eat. I quit drinking my beloved mt dew and I watch very carefully what I eat. I have gained almost 50 lbs. since moving. It totally blows my mind how I can go from eating what I want when I want not gaining a pound to exercising eating right and caring about my health and I keep gaining weight. Another factor is around the time I moved, I had Nexplanon inserted. I wonder if that has anything to do with my new found inability to stay at a decent weight. It's very frustrating to have to go from total freedom with food and no exercise to all I can think about is calories and food and exercise. Any pointers?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    if you are gaining weight you are taking in more calories then you are burning...it's that simple.

Nexplanon does not make you gain weight...I know it says it's a side effect but lets be frank...it doesn't contain calories. It may increase your appetite but that in itself can be controlled.

Your diary isn't open so it's hard to comment on your intake...

If you don't weigh your food chances are you are eating more then you think.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

As for the "high" metabolism...Yah probably not...prior to this you were burning enough calories to maintain. Chances are that you went from a very active lifestyle to almost sedentary and going to the gym for 3-5hours a week is a big difference from being on your feet for 12 hours a day ....