Curb carb cravings (really?)

Options
Hey team - is there any way to truly curb carb cravings, or avoid them? What have you found that works in your experience? Thanks!

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I suggest joining or posting to a group for questions like this, the main forums are not friendly towards low carbers.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1143-keto

But, to answer your question, I've found that refraining from the carbs I've got specific cravings for can help reduce said cravings. If you're craving some type of carb, eat something else - just to make sure if you're genuinely hungry or not vs a craving.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I eat a low carb high fat diet, and the high fat part satiates my hunger so that I do not crave carbs or not hungry.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Are you just starting out on low-carb eating? If so, there's not too much you can do. You just need to stick with your eating plan and if the cravings get too much, figure out what it is you're craving and have a substitute. Like, if you're craving hot cocoa, have a low carb variant(look up recipes on google. I found one that is awesome!). If you're craving something salty, have a handful of almonds or sunflower seeds.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Thanks Carnivor0us for the warning - I can imagine, good point. :) I started out here on MFP low-cal, and got into low-carb out of necessity - it's the best way I've found to keep from being hungry on a calorie restriction.

I've done just enough high protein low carb to know it works well for me, but not enough of it to stop getting carb cravings. How long does that take?