2013 was a success

Options
RubyLou25
RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
Not only for weight loss, but my entire life improved. Got out of a bad relationship and worked on myself like crazy. I decided to go back for school for something that I really wanted and even got a 4.0 the fall semester. I made a goal of running a half marathon and completed it in November.

I'm not sure what my starting weight was, but I once weighed 213 at the doctors office. The first time I weighed myself after starting eating better and working out was 201, and started MFP at 195. Today I'm around 145. Either August or September, I had a body composition done and I was about 30% fat, and yesterday I had it redone with 25% fat. Not sure how accurate it is since I used the handheld ones at the gym, but still awesome to me.

debc1724-05c5-43ec-9aef-ccdd95a5164a.jpg
This is from christmas 2011. About the only before picture I have. About 210

34879867-cdeb-4041-b81c-351b0dae55c2.jpg
From August of this year. About 160.

25t936p.jpg
Today at 145.

I still have about 10/15 more to lose, and now have a love affair with lifting so working more on that at the moment.

Replies

• RubyLou25
    Options
    Can anyone help me figure out why it won't show my last picture? frustrated.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Fab - U - Loss! What a transformation! You look awesome!

(Did you double check the link for the last picture? It says it may have been moved or deleted, meaning it can't find that link. You could always use tinypic.com to upload as well - just be sure to change the IMG and /IMG to lower case)

My journey is about the same - started at 213, hoping to get to 140. How long did it take you - since Mar 2013?
  • RubyLou25
    Options
    Thanks! got it now!
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Great job woman! You look amazing!! Did you just start running and counting calories?
  • RubyLou25
    Options
    Great job woman! You look amazing!! Did you just start running and counting calories?

Thank you! and that's exactly what I did.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    You look great :)
  • mbrou28
    mbrou28 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!! Congrats on leaving a bad relationship, getting healthy and a 4.0!!!
  • RubyLou25
    Options
    Fab - U - Loss! What a transformation! You look awesome!

(Did you double check the link for the last picture? It says it may have been moved or deleted, meaning it can't find that link. You could always use tinypic.com to upload as well - just be sure to change the IMG and /IMG to lower case)

My journey is about the same - started at 213, hoping to get to 140. How long did it take you - since Mar 2013?

Thank you all! i started losing it in February, and got really serious in June.
  • RubyLou25
    Options
    Way to Go!!! Congrats on leaving a bad relationship, getting healthy and a 4.0!!!

Thank you. 2013 was truly an amazing year for all of this.
  • needtogetfit932
    Options
    Amazing! I have a goal of running a marathon by the time I'm 25 and you've definitely helped inspire me.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    You look great!!! Keep it up.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Not only for weight loss, but my entire life improved. Got out of a bad relationship and worked on myself like crazy. I decided to go back for school for something that I really wanted and even got a 4.0 the fall semester. I made a goal of running a half marathon and completed it in November.

I'm not sure what my starting weight was, but I once weighed 213 at the doctors office. The first time I weighed myself after starting eating better and working out was 201, and started MFP at 195. Today I'm around 145. Either August or September, I had a body composition done and I was about 30% fat, and yesterday I had it redone with 25% fat. Not sure how accurate it is since I used the handheld ones at the gym, but still awesome to me.

debc1724-05c5-43ec-9aef-ccdd95a5164a.jpg
    This is from christmas 2011. About the only before picture I have. About 210

34879867-cdeb-4041-b81c-351b0dae55c2.jpg
    From August of this year. About 160.

25t936p.jpg
    Today at 145.

I still have about 10/15 more to lose, and now have a love affair with lifting so working more on that at the moment.
    You look amazing! Keep up the good work!!
  • stellaluna431
    stellaluna431 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and it sounds like you had a great year! I'm glad you got out of your bad relationship and have developed a love affair for lifting :) Also, you should be so proud of finishing your first half! It's a huge achievement!!
  • monicarpp
    Options
    Great job!!!!!
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how getting out of bad relationships and working on oneself can be so wonderful!!! I started the journey in 2009, but didn't start on the weight until Xmas of 2011. Fluctuated but constantly working on core now, and keeping care of myself, and it's amazing. :) Congrats and you look fantastic.
  • divajoni
    divajoni Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic... my goal is 145 and i am halfway there (i am adding more weight training into my routine this year).

thanks so much for sharing your story. keep up the good work!
  • Mine_Time
    Mine_Time Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    awesome job :) look great.
  • shawnp80134
    Options
    Very cool, congrats on your achievements, hope 2014 brings you even more!
  • RubyLou25
    Options
    You all are so kind! thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!