I Want Abs

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Oh, maybe check out this site-> http://12minuteathlete.com/, it's mostly HIIT workouts, they are killer!!

kay thanks :)

Did you look at the other link above?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

Oops yeah forgot to comment bout that sorry. Does that work for a girl though?

I am a girl. I posted that. It works for men and women. Women aren't special.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals.

It is gonna come down to eating at a caloric deficit, and doing some weight lifting.....for all over your body.
    Not just focusing on abs.

So I would suggest make sure you hit your macro minimums...
    So if you are going to do weights...
    0.8 - 1.0 gr of protein/lb of bodyweight, you could prolly also get away with 0.6 gr/lb of body weight
    0.4 gr of fat/lb of body weight <- minimum

Start doing some weight lifting, making sure your you include the basic compound exercises.
    Chin/pull ups, squats, Dead lifts, bench press, shoulder press, dips.....

Also something else you could try is doing some cardio first thing in the morning before you have eaten anything.....do it on a completely empty stomach.....water is ok to drink.....
    Your body will look to fat stores for energy.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Oopsie daises. haha :embarassed: Sorry

I just figured that girls would have to eat less protein than dudes.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options

It is gonna come down to eating at a caloric deficit, and doing some weight lifting.....for all over your body.

0.8 - 1.0 gr of protein/lb of bodyweight, you could prolly also get away with 0.6 gr/lb of body weight

Start doing some weight lifting, making sure your you include the basic compound exercises.

Also something else you could try is doing some cardio first thing in the morning before you have eaten anything.....do it on a completely empty stomach.....water is ok to drink.....

That's awesome advice. Thank you very much. How many calories should I be eating in order to lose weight but still gain muscle? Right now I'm doing 1200.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Oopsie daises. haha :embarassed: Sorry

I just figured that girls would have to eat less protein than dudes.

Why? We are made the same. Only difference is hormones. Our cells (fat, muscle and every other cell) are built the same. Stop thinking of women as different from men. We gain muscle slower and without steroids won't build huge muscles by mistake.

You can eat less protein than that, but like I pointed out having more protein is like insurance for our muscles.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

That's awesome advice. Thank you very much. How many calories should I be eating in order to lose weight but still gain muscle? Right now I'm doing 1200.

You can't lose weight and gain muscle. They're pretty exclusive outside noob gains.
  • usmcmp
    Options

You can't lose weight and gain muscle. They're pretty exclusive outside noob gains.

Also, you won't be gaining muscle doing Jillian workouts.
  • MityMax96
    Options

Well you eat less protein than a guy cause you are smaller.....
    But what is the following
    weight
    activity level
    BF% if you know this
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options

Well you eat less protein than a guy cause you are smaller.....
    But what is the following
    weight
    activity level
    BF% if you know this

5'5
    exercise at least 1 hr per day
    idk body fat jiggly? lol
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options
    What is a noob?

I know what a moob is. :P
  • MityMax96
    Options
    What is a noob?

I know what a moob is. :P

Someone who is new to ssomething...
    Slang term....so like a rookie. :wink:
  • MityMax96
    Options

5'5
    idk body fat jiggly? lol

Ok, based on those numbers,
    Your BMR is ~1400/day
    Your TDEE is ~2050/day
    So if you are going for trying to burn off some fat, you going to want to do around 1600 - 1650 calories/day
    Calculating things for 0.8 gr of protein will be:
    Protein == 112gr / day (now obviously if you do 1.0 gr/day it will be 140 gr/day)
    Fat == ~55 gr / day
    Carbs == 170 - 175gr / day <- these you can go up or down with as they are not essential.
    That will get you around 1650 calories/ day

So protein and carbs are 1gr == 4 calories
    Fat 1gr == 9 calories

You will want to track things for at least 3 - 4 weeks to see if you are trending in the right direction
    Then tweak your numbers if you need too at that time.....
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options

5'5
    idk body fat jiggly? lol

Ok, based on those numbers,
    Your BMR is ~1400/day
    Your TDEE is ~2050/day
    So if you are going for trying to burn off some fat, you going to want to do around 1600 - 1650 calories/day
    Calculating things for 0.8 gr of protein will be:
    Protein == 112gr / day (now obviously if you do 1.0 gr/day it will be 140 gr/day)
    Fat == ~55 gr / day
    Carbs == 170 - 175gr / day <- these you can go up or down with as they are not essential.
    That will get you around 1650 calories/ day

So protein and carbs are 1gr == 4 calories
    Fat 1gr == 9 calories

You will want to track things for at least 3 - 4 weeks to see if you are trending in the right direction
    Then tweak your numbers if you need too at that time.....

thanks. very scientific. i'll work on getting more protein. right now i'm lucky if I get 60g per day.
  • MityMax96
    Options

thanks. very scientific. i'll work on getting more protein. right now i'm lucky if I get 60g per day.

Welcome

You need more than 60 gr, especially if you are going to start weight lifting....
    As mentioned, while in caloric deficit, building muscle will not happen.....which is fine.
    That is not our goal here.
    But working out and lifting will help the muscle you have develop and help you get stronger.
    Which will require more calories when you are at rest.
    So the adequate amount of protein will help protect the muscle you do have, from being used as an energy source....your body will pull some energy from the muscle......but it will be a lot less if you are consuming the needed protein and you are actually using them ((meaning lifting weights)

There is a girl on here, and she put up a blog....fivethreeone is her screen name....check her out.....
    She will inspire you. :wink:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Oh, maybe check out this site-> http://12minuteathlete.com/, it's mostly HIIT workouts, they are killer!!

I really suggest you look at my link. You're taking advice from someone who is still trying to achieve what I already have.

Yup, I say you take the advice of the woman who has what you are trying to achieve.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I like usmcmp's thread....
    Good advice..

Plus she looks dang good, if you have seen any of her pics.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options

Welcome

You need more than 60 gr, especially if you are going to start weight lifting....
    As mentioned, while in caloric deficit, building muscle will not happen.....which is fine.
    That is not our goal here.
    But working out and lifting will help the muscle you have develop and help you get stronger.
    Which will require more calories when you are at rest.
    So the adequate amount of protein will help protect the muscle you do have, from being used as an energy source....your body will pull some energy from the muscle......but it will be a lot less if you are consuming the needed protein and you are actually using them ((meaning lifting weights)

There is a girl on here, and she put up a blog....fivethreeone is her screen name....check her out.....
    She will inspire you. :wink:

that makes a lot of sense. it definitely explains why even at my smallest i'm flabby. and yeah i'll check her out. :)
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Good luck, wish you all the best with your goals. :drinker: :drinker:
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I like usmcmp's thread....
    Good advice..

Plus she looks dang good, if you have seen any of her pics.

Awwww thank you! :blushing:

I really tried to make a straight forward no BS post about fat loss.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

Did you look at the other link above?

Oops yeah forgot to comment bout that sorry. Does that work for a girl though?

I am a girl. I posted that. It works for men and women. Women aren't special.
    Just had a quick peek at your profile, your transformation is absolutely fantastic.