40 pounds gone- GOAL!

Options
Enic03
Enic03 Posts: 165 Member
2013 has been very kind to me :) Not only did I lose the weight that had been bothering me for years, I found out how to eat healthy and take care of my body from the inside out.

I have always struggled with my weight but when I moved out of my parent's house and traveled across the country to live with my high school sweetheart (now loving husband), I gained about 30 pounds. He eats such garbage that I was just destroying my body like he had been for years and I felt it depleting my energy levels, making me mentally suffer. I took control once again of my own health and am glad that I finally did!

I worked out but thought barely eating anything would help until I just wasn't losing anything. Finally I found MFP and it gave me a 1200 calorie goal but I was still soooo hungry eating at that level. Looking around the forums I found people talking about how this may be too low and I started doing my research. I started eating more and the pounds started falling off! The best thing about this journey? I didn't have to step one foot inside a gym. I could never find the motivation to drive daily out to a gym, especially since I live in the country. For a lot less money I invested in weights and online/beachbody videos and made my way through different programs.

Though I could stand to lose a few more pounds at my height and start toning, my goal was to lose 40 pounds so I could have a healthy, fit future pregnancy. GOAL!

Starting weight: 160
Current: 120

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Minty_Child/Mobile Uploads/79ae7604-fb7f-4d27-957b-37f89491f98a.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Minty_Child/Mobile Uploads/a8e3d908-f093-4a68-b1d2-9b508da11f22.jpg[/img]

848d8039-e401-4bc2-ab3c-756b8bdac554.jpg

And now I can happily say I am ready to put all the weight I lost right back on :laugh:

4ff97178-1888-480b-bb57-6b4dad740a51.jpg

Replies

• AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and congratulations! :)
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Awwwwwe!!! I love it! Happy for you!
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Beautiful and beautiful!
  • t73reed
    t73reed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I am envious and so happy for you! You will never regret preparing your body for your new little invasion. Just remember to keep on taking care of yourself for your children will learn from you and keep those same eating habits you have! Congrats on it all!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Such a delightful way to announce a pregnancy!
    You should line up a talent agency RIGHT NOW
    for your boy or girl. With a mom as cute as you are,
    both before and after the weight loss, you three will make a fortune!

Best wishes!
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss AND the pregnancy! Very exciting news!! I am 5'2" and starting at 162. I'd like to get down to 125 or so (similiar to you). It is very inspiring to see that you have done this. How long did it take? How often do you exercise (at home)? How many calories did you eat (you mentioned 1200 being too low). Thanks!!
  • chrisram88
    chrisram88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing!! Congrats for the success and congratulations for the great news of you becoming a mother.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Awesome work !!! Congrats !
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Way i read it, OP said she is preparing for a FUTURE pregnancy, not that she's pregnant....right?? or is it customary to congratulate people in advance in america?

Congrats on the weight loss
  • Enic03
    Enic03 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Way i read it, OP said she is preparing for a FUTURE pregnancy, not that she's pregnant....right?? or is it customary to congratulate people in advance in america?

Congrats on the weight loss

:laugh: Guess I should change this to avoid any more confusion though I think I exceeded my time limit to edit! My goal was to lose 40 pounds before becoming pregnant and now those 40 are gone and we are indeed pregnant! The booties photo was the way we announced our pregnancy to everyone as well since pretty much my whole family is able to recognize my boots :p and thank you!!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I love those boots, by the way. :)
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and yours..You look great...and don't deprive yourself..just eat healthy...
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congrats on your pregnancy. Being a mama is truly a blessing. And just because you are pregnant doesn't mean you have to gain a lot of weight. I only gained 18 pounds and ate all the time (whenever I was hungry), but I made sure to eat a lot of veggies and fruits. But I did indulge a bit, especially near the end.
  • IrishgirlinSpain
    IrishgirlinSpain Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look amazing...and a huge congrats on the pregnancy!
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look great!
    And that is such a cute pic!!! Congrats!!
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    congrats on the loss! you are my inspiration my goal is to be 120!!!
  • geejag
    geejag Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! n Congrats !!

You look great. I am about the same height and in the starting weight as you. May I ask what dress sizes you were wearing before and what is it now?
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    woahhhhh
  • g82green
    Options
    Awesome job AND congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!