Starting again!

Options
Hi all! I'm not exactly new but starting the whole process again! I'm getting married in July and had a baby 2 months ago so looking to lose weight, tone up and generally get back to where I should be. Anybody else in a similar situation?

Replies

• lmccull1982
    Options
    Ok...so I am not getting married in July and my last baby was 5 years ago...but I am starting the whole process over again. After leaving my job to be a stay-at-home mom I have gained quite a bit of weight. July is a ways off and I am sure that you will meet your goal if you stick with it!
  • thesuperchunk
    Options
    Just coming in to say the same thing - time to get back at it. This place was always pretty inspirational - looking for friends to add as last time I found that pretty helpful (and now all my old friends are mostly gone from here ;()

Yay to all us re-starters :D I'm sure there's lots of that after xmas....
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Many of us are doing the same thing... Getting back on track after months away. I started back day before yesterday after losing all my weight last year and then putting some it back on in the last few months. Enough was enough and it was time to get serious again. Im not getting married this year but a friend of mine is and I am her maid of honor. We already bought the dress and I have put on about 7 lbs since then. So, I have some time (September) but I dont want to wait until the last minute and I would like to be thin and stay there

I will send you a friend request
  • shellywelly123
    shellywelly123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yes January seems to be the time people would start again! I also have bought my dress (due to the shop having a sale) though not had any proper fittings yet but intend to be down to a good size before my first fitting.
    We can all do it!
  • rorymason
    rorymason Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Starting to get serious today. Im 236. In 2010 I went on a MD supervised very strict very low carb plan that kept you in ketosis and I hit 196 in a very short time BUT developed medical problem which may or may not have been diet related. I dont want to go that route again so fad diets are out of the question for me. I was hovering around 220's and just out of control this holiday season. Unfortunately today I noted that I was back to the highest weight again at 236. I feel awful.
    I know this year Im going to have alot of changes in my life, and while they are posiitve, I know its gonna be stressful.
    Bottom llne is, I cant fathom being the weight I am at now. Besides how I look, I feel tired all the time. Biggest challenges for me are going to be exercise and drinking water. Enjoy reading posts for encouragement. Wish me luck.
  • catemb80
    catemb80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a similar starting weight and goal, although totally different reasons, but I am totally committed to getting there :) this year is my year and it would be great to have friends to get me through
  • shellywelly123
    shellywelly123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good luck rorymason! I will have a similar issue with drinking water! I set myself challenges to drink a certain amount each day and so far don't stick to it!

we can all support each other! :happy:
  • rorymason
    rorymason Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just forced myself to drink a whole glass! Going to make a goal of 3 a day to start. ( not counting other liquids like coffee of course)