Replies

• vmr2811
    vmr2811 Posts: 36
    Options
    Here are some good weight loss aids...

exercise-equipment-store-bay-area.jpg

2e1rg9c.jpg

HAHA!! :heart: it!!

OP--Yes, chia seeds and green tea are great for you, but I'm in with what everyone else has said. I personally like to drink a cup or two of hot green tea in the evening, and some of my friends on here put chia seeds in their protein smoothies. IMHO, you need to get used to drinking water first and foremost. It is one of the most simplest and easiet habits you can start doing on your weightloss journey and is free.
  • dietonthego
    dietonthego Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I mix seltzer with a little cranberry juice or anything that you like to drink. Crystal light with seltzer is good if you don't mind the sweetener. Helps to get the fluid intake going.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i eat chia seeds almost every day because they are low in calories and contain the omegas that i need in my diet . for me my cholesterol used to be through the roof. i started eating healthy and working out and incorporating things in my diet that would help reduce my cholesterol level and improve my blood pressure. chia seeds was one of the many items i put in to my diet. but as most people on here already said, eating chia seeds will not mean you will lose weight. adding it to your healthy diet will benefit you though
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds have some great health benefits, but they are calorie dense--about 140 calories per 2 tablespoons. But those two table spoons contain (about): 4g protein, 9g fat (non-saturated, mostly Omega 3's, 12g carb, 11g fiber, plus vitamins and minerals.

Personally, I add them to smoothies, salads and cereals for the nutrients. Drinking some right now actually. :)

There is no dietary supplement proven to safely help people lose weight by boosting metabolism. Caffeine can be helpful for some people, but too much can have side effects. Alli can help when taken with a doctor's support as directed regarding fat metabolization. But talk to your doctor to see if that's really your issues before taking it. Healthy fat is an essential part of any diet.

The best weight loss aid is exercise, as others have posted. :)
  • April195
    April195 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I get the feeling from a few posters that maybe they think I'm looking for a diet pill? That's not what I meant.
    I was asking about (natural) things to help with energy and satiety since I suffer from a lack of both, and I certainly can't afford weights,gym,treadmill etc. so little things along the lines of water before meals, foods that help fill you up faster. Ya know any tips and tricks that I could incorporate into my lifestyle which wouldn't be too drastic or expensive. I do plan on taking an energy supplement , but only for a short time to boost me into my shedule and only for energy, not as a " magic pill" . I have no delusions about such a thing.