healthy detox anyone?

Options
Question for you all... does anyone know of a decent short detox ? Not aimed at fast weight loss just I've ate a lot of high cal high fat and salt things over the holidays and had gluten (by mistake ) a few times and I'm suffering to the point I do not want to eat,
I really don't want to strive myself or just take painkillers ( normally a natural remedy)

Or a way to stop my stomach feeling like its full of boulders

Replies

• WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    If your diet gets back on track (whatever track that is for you) the stomach issues would probably go away on their own. Unless you've been doing lines of sawdust or shots of Bleachermiester, then you haven't been putting "toxins" into your body, so there's not going to be a process to remove something from your body that you didn't put into it in the first place.

sidenote: painkillers-marijuana possibly excepted- aren't a very natural remedy. Unless you know of a Darvocet tree.
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh no I know that , I was trying to say I don't take them as there is normally a natural solution
  • olysha2001
    Options
    I've done Dr Oz 3 day detox cleanse several times and loved it!!
    I also substitute 1 or 2 drinks a day for meals regularly.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    poop.

you can't undo what's been done.

i'm allergic to wheat and have recently been massively wheated (was in New Orleans, so it was worth it) and yeah I'm suffering now with hives and wheezing, but stuff just has to run it's course unless i get a full blood transfusion
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    "Detoxes" don't exist. It's terminology used to confuse people in to thinking their body is inundated with "processed" chemicals that need to be removed to improve health/weight loss.

Just eat more whole foods (doesn't have to be organic) and enjoy some "junk" once in awhile and you'll be fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just go back to eating normal healthy foods and eventually it will work itself out. Detoxes aren't necessary - your body will do this itself. Good luck and feel better!
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replies :)