What was that again?

Options
pinkraynedropjacki
pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
I have a friend on Facebook who's #1 excuse for not losing weight is that her boobs are so big that every time she tries to lose weight she falls over. Yeah right ok. Yet she's talking about just grabbing a knife & chopping them off a little in order to fit into tops again. :noway:

I was wondering if others have had excuses like that tossed at them from others.

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is the best one I have heard yet, I think!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Tell her to put on multiple gym bras. That's a lame excuse. She can start with calories and once she loses some mass from her boobs, she can exercise better if her excuse is legit. However, I call B.S.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Sometimes any excuse is preferable to admitting that we just aren't ready for the long-term dedication and hard work that has to come.

Her excuse is as much to herself as it is to you.
  • Sarasjourney
    Options
    I have DDDs and I can manage to go and work out. If she really hates her chest that much she can have reduction surgery, otherwise put on your big girl panties and suck it up.
  • charissh
    charissh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That is so funny :) I have the opposite problem, when I lost weight the first thing that went were my boobs lol!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I used to make a lot of excuses. Then someone told me I just wasn't ready to commit to myself. Her comment flipped a switch and I've managed to stay committed to my goals through some major trials.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    Ok so this was quoted from her page today

"I want to lose weight but everytime i do all i do is fall over CUs of me tits lol "

:grumble:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I think that just because you are losing weight or doing whatever to change your lifestyle does not give anyone/you the right to judge anothers choice

if you see it as an excuse or it annoys you just dont listen to them
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    I had big boobs but that was not my excuse. Mine was my back, my knees & the fact I didnt want to. I sucked it up.... went all out & still have my back, my knees but now I want to do it.

It kinda bugs me a little you know ..... just a little. I had to so hold my font when she said that. I mean it's no big deal if I was un-friended at all... but damn.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Ok so this was quoted from her page today

"I want to lose weight but everytime i do all i do is fall over CUs of me tits lol "

:grumble:

She may be fishing for compliments. I would probably offer some casual advice like the multiple sports bras or something that is working for you.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I know how she feels.

If I lose weight and get an erection I pass out because less blood.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    I know how she feels.

If I lose weight and get an erection I pass out because less blood.

:love:
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Sometimes any excuse is preferable to admitting that we just aren't ready for the long-term dedication and hard work that has to come.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    This - in my opinion, your friend doesn't want to do anything physical. We all have friends like this. Unfortunately.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^^
    This - in my opinion, your friend doesn't want to do anything physical. We all have friends like this. Unfortunately.

Yeah that was the general feeling I got. That''s why it was so hard for me to just not say anything. Oh well... her life not mine. But the only thing is why complain about it if you are not ever going to do anything about it? Most of us on here may complain but at least we are doing something about it.
  • xenaroadwarrior
    Options
    My thoughts on the subject are that if she doesn't want to get active/ get healthy/ lose weight or whatever, that's fine. I wouldn't want to preach to anyone because I know how it felt to be preached to when I wasn't ready to make a commitment to changing my lifestyle.

But I agree, those excuses are rubbish. I would be more understanding of her choice if she said "I just don't want to change badly enough to do anything about it".

That I could accept. I've been there.