Hey all

Options
Hi Folks,

I'm new here. and I have to say after reading a bunch of the posts I am really impressed at the level of support people here have for each other. I'm really encouraged. :-)

A bit about me: I'm 32, and weigh 320 lbs. That's weird even for me to say! I used to be a competitive martial artist, and that was always my reason for staying in shape. Unfortunately, I got injured about 8 years ago, and have packed on weight since. I've had a few times between now and then when I managed to get into a good fitness routine, start eating right, and begin losing weight, but I always fall off track. It's strange, because cognitively I how much better I am feeling when I work out regularly and eat well. But apparently there is some sort of irrational emotional gremlin in my brain that starts pushing the "eat fast food" button because I always quit despite how much better working out makes me feel.

It's my hope that a supportive community like this will aid me in combating said gremlin and staying on the right path. Here's hoping!

-Jon

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Vmcd
    Vmcd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined last week, and I'm a little obsessive now about tracking everything. Good luck on your weight loss! Work hard and it WILL pay off :-)
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Monkey! I have been through it (several times & each time the Gremlin gets meaner when he's fed, especially after midnite!) If you would like, add me as a friend: I am always there with positivity and kudos since I have been fighting this battle really seriously for the last 9 months, and so far I'm in the lead (the gremlin, alien and the wierd creature who tries to take over the fridge/pantry hand to mouth to stomache monster are falling behind). You CAN DO THIS! And I'll be here to help in any way I can :flowerforyou: