Looking for friends that won't delete me if I slack off

Options
What the hell? I develop "online relationships" with these people and I disappear for a month or two tops and get deleted? I don't understand that. I mean, a year, six months, yea... anyway, if you want a friend that is on a journey, albeit not a perfect one, I'm your gal. I am back on track again, and "trying" is not an option this time. I want it to be a lifestyle, not a diet. I am getting older (41) and it's time to stop f*cking around.
I am 5'5" and I started at 185 in Dec 2012. Got down to 150 June 2013 (that's 35 pounds in 7 months) and MFP was a MAJOR player in that accomplishment. I gained back 11 of those pounds in a quick couple months. I feel that I will remain committed to my health for the long term this time because I have collected enough evidence about my eating habits. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• sbeard2008
    sbeard2008 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me. I too go missing for awhile. I don't know if I can figure out how to add someone? Do you know how.
  • ebbandflow
    ebbandflow Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks, I sent you a friend request. Click at the little person icon at the top of your screen:) Unless you're on a phone?
  • craft4fun
    craft4fun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I usually try this on my own, but that has not worked for me. I just started back yesterday. I will be your friend, and not delete you.
  • Camwill03
    Camwill03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Same here ladies but I really need to get this right
  • leaann3
    leaann3 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, ladies. I'm open to new friends who are in this for the long haul.
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I never had a community like this, until now. I started exercising 16 months ago! I wish I knew about this great site ....

I didn't think I could do it ..I was so big, I couldn't even fit into a 3x anymore. Now I'm in a Small-Med-Max Large....If I can do it ..YOU CAN! I worked out at home constantly as being busy father..

I started with 10 sit ups a day sixteen months ago, continued to gradually increase the sits up! Started using barbells! Doing these reps twice a day for 12 months only doing 100 in the morning 100 at night ..I lost over 183 Pounds! I still ate what I wanted, but it's what I want to work off! I never though I'd have a six pack, but this hasn't taken long at all! I was too over weight to even tie my shoes or walk up the stairs without sweating! If anyone is reading this who was me a year and a half ago! Start with basic situps! I'm a father of three! So were always busy! If you can eat a bag of chips, you can afford 5 minutes a day for sit ups ...No one ever though I would loose the weight!Everyone - give it a shot ....thanks for all of the motivational help!

BTW - No Shakes, nothing extra. Only vitamins! C,D,B12...

P.S....Life is too short! Everyone deserves happiness!
  • ebbandflow
    Options
    Thanks crafty & Cam! Definitely works for me when I participate with others. Accountability and encouragement.
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Click the users photo then add friend...I believe..Good luck :)
  • ebbandflow
    Options
    :)
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I never delete anyone...at the end of the day we are all here for the same reason and at our own pace we will hit our targets,,...

~Charlie
  • katelynw1029
    katelynw1029 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been on here for a couple months but, I finally started taking it more seriously!
  • dlharwell
    dlharwell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would like to add you as friend. I feel the same as you about wanting to make this a life change. I am older than you, 53, but not too old to make a change. I found this site a while back, but am just starting to utilize it. I would love to have the support of others.
  • phoebs16
    phoebs16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same as Charlie :o) I sometimes go missing too, but hey that's life. Feel free to add me :o)
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I dont delete anyone, turn 42 next month. Feel free to add me.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hello! I currently have over 200 friends. The ones that are in the red, always get motivation posts from me. I hate deleting people. Feel free to add me. I am very active on here. Anyone can add me for support. Blessings on your journey.
  • DorothyR87
    Options
    You sound like me, except I think I have disappeared quite a few more times. Not everyone is able to jump all in and stay 100% dedicated. Sometimes it take a few tries before it sticks. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • brig_1_g
    brig_1_g Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I won't delete anyone and I'm the same way - sometimes life or work interferes and I disappear for a while.
  • ebbandflow
    Options
    YAY! Thanks everyone who replied:) I friend requested you:)
  • zs_snowflake
    Options
    I'm the same way. I lost some weight, gained it back and am really going at it this time. I was MIA for 1+ years, lol. Feel free to add me, I won't delete :)
  • JamieBeth19
    JamieBeth19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We are at about the same height and I am at about what your starting weight was! I will add you :)