polar f7 vs polar ft7

Options
Which one do you think is better? and why?

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Which one do you think is better? and why?

I believe the FT7 has all the features of the F6--don't think the F7 allows manual VO2max entry. I think the FT7 is a newer model as well.
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    whats VO2max entry? Are they both water resistant
  • Briannah
    Briannah Posts: 50
    Options
    I have FT7 Bec, not sure about the features of the F7, but i remember when shopping around the FT7 was one of the better ones on the market.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    whats VO2max entry? Are they both water resistant
    Best to study up well on the net, some great videos, decide what exactly YOU want in your HRM and what price you can afford and that I found was the best way to make a wise decision.

My decision was FT7 which it appears from my research replaces the F6 & F7, yes the FT7 can be used in the pool. Read up more on what all else it can do and you'll understand far more about how it all works. LOTS and LOTS of info on the web on Polar website about it. The average price for the FT7 runs approx. $109 + shipping unless you find a good deal on a special or deal on the shipping. I found locally mine runs $109, decided to buy local in case there are issues,far easier to return for me that way.

Good luck finding one that's right for you! It can get confusing, I definitely understand that. Another good way to get more feedback from other users is do a search for HRM and you'll come up with a ton of threads with all sorts of thoughts on the Polars and many other brands, the good and the not so good of some of them!
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Biggest difference is with the FT7 you can change the 2032 waffer type battery out yourself without sending it back to Polar to change it. Changing the battery on a F7 is fragile and you can easily ruin the watch if not done properly even after following the steps that you can Google.