Hello from northern Ohio!

Options
Hello everyone, I just joined here a couple of days ago.

I retired at age 56, and have found myself sitting more than I expected or want to. Motivation has always been a problem, and it is easy to do nothing.

I used to ride bikes and hike a *lot*, but now only occasionally. In September I bought a used mountain bike to get back in the groove. After we get the Christmas decorations put away, I'm getting the Nordic Track out that's been setting unused for 10-12 years.

In the summer we grow a vegetable garden, and I try to eat smart, and have small portions. But then there's something really good, and you just can't not have a bit more...

I have hypertension, and am apparently pre-diabetic according to my overly alarmist MD. Time to lose weight and get back in shape. I've lost 7 pounds prior to finding MFP, so that's a start. I used some Christmas gift cards and ordered a Withings Pulse, scale, and blood pressure set. That'll make it easier to keep track of how I'm improving, or not. I think I have the Withings HealthMate site, MFP, and RunKeeper sync'd (I'm switching from Map My Walk to RunKeeper to keep track of walking for exercise.)

So, that's a little about me. I'm glad I found MFP!
Slo