First post - Diet for August Holiday!!

Options
Hi all,

First time post so apologies if this has been covered before but:

I am heading on a beach holiday to Ibiza the first week of August 2014.

Current I stand at 5 ft 11 inches and around 15 stone 8 pounds (218 lbs or 98 kgs).

I was wondering on what my ideal aim should be which is achievable in that time. I am not so bothered about being muscle bound and 2 % body fat but I'd like to not be the biggest on the beach!

I have flights already booked etc just as an incentive to shift this chub!!!!

Thanks everyone in advance for help!

Replies

• jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi first off since you do got alot to lose at first you will lose weight more faster and as you get "closer to your goal" itll slow down alot. A typical weight loss right now would be 1-2 lbs a week healthy. Eat alot of proteins and fiber enriched foods such as veggies and fruits to keep you feeling fuller longer. You dont necessarily need to do the 1200 a day. I dont know if you are, but I suggest you to track everything you eat and drink for a week. I mean everything that involves calories then see where you can tweak/cut back on foods that you can. Dont give up on foods that you think might be "bad". Remember theres no such thing as bad foods. You can still eat junk food as long as its within your calorie goal and deficit for the day. Cut back on portions that you might normally do. Like for instance I used to go back for 2nd for dinner. I dont any more..... Do strength training to help build muscle to help burn more calories while at rest aka sitting down or sleeping....Also take measurements cuz if the scale isnt moving doesnt mean that you arent losing inches on your body.....Best of luck!!
  • 1987SamScott
    1987SamScott Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

So what would be the weight I should aim for?

I work out about 3 times a week and am getting quite a bit of green tea down me!

I consume around 1,400/1,500 calories a day and about 2,200 on weekends so try to keep a deficit all thgouth the week........