reason for a scale stall?

Options
Not for me specifically, but just in general, what are all the reasons why a still obese person who has been losing consistently could see a several week long stall in weightloss?

Diet is still a deficit, amounts are weighed, no change in inches, exercises were added but mostly using body weight and cardio.

Obviously the weight will come off eventually assuming all of the above, but why could or would a stall happen?

Replies

• emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    If they were *absolutely sure* their calorie count is correct for food and exercise, then they probably need to update their MFP calorie limit. You need to reset your calorie limit every time you lose 5 pounds... it does not do it automatically. The sad, sad, SAD truth is, the less you weigh, the lower your calorie goal becomes.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    This happens to me after I have lost 20-30 lbs everytime. When talking to a doctor once, they said its because my body was comfortable where it is and fighting my changes. It will last a couple weeks and then I drop a bunch more lbs. Its really frustrating, but have faith in the process..
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall. Both are great answers. Really appreciate it.